Post match: Liverpool v Watford (EPL 2/4/22 12.30pm)

Who is doing the Benfica thread? Get busy, chop, chop :grin:

3 Likes

6 Likes

Good win as Watford parked the bus as only Woy knows how to.

4 Likes

Repeating what others have said, a bit rusty lunchtime kickoff after an Intl Break. Job done and 3 points in the bag. Not much to say or glean other than professional, businesss-like win and now we move on to a big week. Virgil posted on his social media after the match: “just enjoy the ride”. No truer words spoken.

Jota could’ve had 3 goals. What’s important is he’s getting into those scoring spaces and he’s steadily working himself into another hot streak. His goal was brilliantly taken after a beautiful ball in from Joe.

My MOTM votes went to Thiago, Virg and Joel. Outstanding from all 3. I thought Ali was very sharp also when he needed to be.

Only ‘disappointment’, for me, was with the Anfield crowd, even after The Boss talked about how important the noise and atmosphere would be. Very weird, long periods of silence, waiting for something to happen rather than creating an environment.

5 Likes

Jota does seem to take the hardest chances

1 Like

Felt we got an old school vintage Bobby performance today, particularly in the first half. Intelligent pressing, good use of the ball, superb movement and flicks were with purpose and intent.

8 Likes

The crowd sounded fine to me in the ground. Songs getting started in the ARE and MS as well as The Kop. Best atmosphere in a good while. :nerd_face:

11 Likes

I have to disagree, Watford did well today. Well organised at the back and created a few decent chances to score themselves. They coped well with Salah, that’s why he was hooked after 60 minutes.

5 Likes

Salah was clearly hooked because he played 120 physically and emotionally draining minutes midweek.

9 Likes

Some are calling it a “rugby tackle.” Im calling it a “Skrtel.”

6 Likes

Maybe he shouldn’t have started today then.

1 Like

That’s interesting to hear Commando. It didn’t come across that way on the tele. My own perception was it was oddly and eerily quiet for long stretches of the match.

2 Likes

It’s well known that bt and sky turn down the mics near us and turn up the away supporters. Been like that for years.

2 Likes

I remember watching replays of one of our match with 2 separate broadcaster. One had the crowd noise lowered significantly/muffled or had the mics closer to the visiting crowd, while the other one was much noisier with the Anfield crowd with full voice. The watching experiences were very different, even though it was the same match.

I just checked the differences between BT Sports (quieter) vs SuperSports (noisier) from today’s match, regardless, the end of 1st half today was like visiting a library, it was so quiet.

1 Like

Possibly, but whatever, it isn’t fair to say he was hooked because he wasn’t playing well. It was clearly a programmed change.

3 Likes

Only 64% wins.
Klopp out. :wink: :smile: :grinning: :joy:

6 Likes

MoM is Ali he kept us in it , had they scored this result could have been different . We were poor but i couldnt care less ,we won and after the int break this all what we need. Curtis was exceptionally poor followed by salah and mane .
Benfica here we come

1 Like

A functional performance. I have no problem with that whatsoever; it means another win in the plus column. At the end of the day, points and GD are all that matter when viewing a league table when the obese female squarks.

The only downside was that the cheats won again, but what can you expect? They were up against a Championship side who have been masquering as a Premiership side for more seasons they have any right to?

3points,all that matters now,and 3 against City to come.
MOTM Thiago for me,he is a class act on his day.

3 Likes

Mo has the weight of the world on his shoulders right now. Contract negotiations, thinking about his future, heartache at the national level twice over in quick succession.

I think starting him was the right decision. He heard his song and felt the love of the crowd and the Liverpool family. If reports are to be believed, his is going to sign a new deal.

Coming off was a planned move, and I suspect if we move forward with five top forwards, all their minutes will be managed, whether starting or coming in, to keep them all fresh and on their toes. Long may it continue.

8 Likes