Post match: Liverpool v West Ham (EPL 19/10/22 7.30pm)

They’re expecting a kid aren’t they?

Fab is playing like he’s carrying it.

3 Likes

3 consecutive victories first time this season. :clap::clap:

8 Likes

No point in moaning about the subs. We’ve loads of injuries and playing twice a week. Need to manage the squad

1 Like

Thought it would be scrappy after Sunday, and that we’d have to grind out a win. All that matters is the three points. Up the table we go!

2 Likes

Scrappy one nil win. Will happily take it, despite spurning chances to put the game to bed in the first half.

6 Likes

Well said, it is just Fabs performance that needs looking at. As I said in the in game thread, the way he is playing I would prefer to see Bacjetic

Also, I said Hendo edged it v’s Rice first half… Second half Rice was immense, I’d happily take him here.

2 Likes

I gave MotM to Nunez, Van Dijk and Thiago. Maybe Henderson should have been one of the three. But I think Van Dijk made it so we kept a clean sheet, with a really good performance, Nunez had very good runs, created space and scored a good goal. And Thiago created with his fantastic passes and ball control. Maybe unfair to Henderson, who had a great game, but I am pretty comfortable with the Motm’s.

As for the game, it was good enough. On another day we could have had 2-3 more goals if we were better/more effective. West Ham too could have had 1-2 goals. So 1-0 is good enough. It was too nervy at the end, West Ham had great chances, but we won very deservedly and I am happy enough.
May this be the start of a run !

4 Likes

Gone with Nunez and Becker others played well but they were the difference makers.

Maybe should have been better on one but was unlucky on the post shot that other one first time which would have been a contender for goal of the month. Anyhow he was a constant issue in that first half which was one of best half’s in a long time nearly ruined like but that’s why you pay big books for your goalie to do that.

Very odd subs and still not sure what formation it was but considering some Wednesday to Sunday matches in the past probably a very good decision and I expect all those three to start on Saturday.

1 Like

For the Nunez misses last game, I am glad he took one today which mattered. Now for the Darwin misses this game, I’ll take one in the next one which I hope matters. :wink:

1 Like

Three points.
Clean sheet.
Alisson penalty save.
Nunez goal, two nice strikes from distance too.
Thiago ran the show when he was on.
Curtis Jones saw some action.

On the downside we were only in control for the first 40 mins, and then after that it was 50-50 and we were susceptible to an equalizer.

Still, alls well that ends well.

Three points, Forest next.

Up the reds!

3 Likes

On the flip side, Milner looked like 63 years his junior out there.

1 Like

Klopp said something about Nunez feeling something at HT.:roll_eyes:

League table looks a bit better. Another couple of wins and we’ll be pushing for top 4. Hopefully it’s not too long until some of the injured start coming back.

Fabhino is a big concern. Especially as we are light in that position.

1 Like

How we only won 1-0 I’ll never know, couldv’e easily had 3 or 4 more.

West Ham had a real good go that 2nd half to their credit and other than the Bowen moment where Milner/Ali kept it out we controlled it.

2 Likes

Went with Nunez, Thiago and Hendo. Happy to see Hendo back to his best, he and Thiago controlled the game first half. Nunez unlucky to score only once.

Happy with the win, not so happy with the second half performance. As others have noted, Fabinho and Elliot were crap when they came on. Thought Jones put in a good shift, though.

2 Likes

Intensity dropped to what we’ve seen throughout the season if I’m honest. But van Dijk is back on form and that makes a difference.

Link up play much improved. Nunez starting to earn his keep. And Rice would make a nice successor to Hendo if we can’t afford Bellingham next year.

Ali - 8
Trent - 7
VVD - 8
Gomez - 5 (big drop off from weds imo)
Kostas - 7
Hendo - 8
Thiago - 7
Fabio - 6
Bobby - 7
Salah - 7
Nunez - 8

Harvey - 7
Curtis - 6
Fab - 5
Robbo - 6
Milly - 8

1 Like

Nunez much better but still bit more composure and he will score much more
West ham should have scored but we should also have had scored at least 3 butthe fact remains trent and elliot not a very good defensive unit .
I think the changes are bit early but it seems it was bit forced
Chelse drew , spuds are losing so if we continue we can get around top 4 area .

1 Like

Ali and Nunez the match winners. VVD good game. Right side of the defence was all over the shop again. Trent was very poor without the ball and beaten too easily in his 1v1s. Henderson was poor, passing too often was unnecessarily rushed and wayward. Lost our goal threat when Nunez went off.

1 Like

Harvey 7!! Really? I thought he showed poor decision making on the ball and he was all over the place with his off the ball work

1 Like