POST MATCH: Liverpool v West Ham (EPL 31/10/20 5.30pm)

Thank goodness I have not got a “dodgy ticker” .Good value for the win but really hard work. Jota is a star and Shaqu becoming a valuable asset from the bench. Curtis had a sound hour involved in so much receiving and making passes.
Oops, forgot to mention Phillips solid showing.

1 Like

DIOGO.

Huge.

2 Likes

VAR is not a disgrace.
It’s the incompetent idiots sitting behind it that fuck it up.

13 Likes

were the moaners at??

3 Likes

We want the cube … err! I want the cube and so does Hendo and Jota! :smiley:
Loved the way Shaqiri turned to look at Hendo after the goal like saying thanks for the pass. :smiley:

3 Likes

With the moaners probably…

6 Likes

Nat Phillips, I was impressed by him. Reminds me of Carra, just cunting everything up field. I think he won every aerial duels today

3 Likes

Last 30’ is the tale of the match. We had stepped it up even before the subs and put West Ham on their heels time and again. They looked a bit gassed. Our fitness began to wilt them, softening them for Shaq and Jota, who were both excellent.

Many have pointed to Phillips. He was really good, especially sitting next to another less experienced player (Joe was good, too, bar the header).

Hendo still MOTM for me. Ran the midfield like the seasoned pro he is. Really solid passing from him, cutting off breaks. We’re looking at a player at his absolute peak IMO. Even more important player with reserve CB’s behind him.

6 Likes

Ugly watch - satisfying result.
As said in the pre match thread - a relief to get someone on late in the game to stirr things up and finish the bus parkers off. Shout out to Shaq as well , great assist and made his substitution count big.

Nat Phillips gets a mom from me for the pure not putting up with a shit situation and out-bully the bullies around him. It was not rapier - it was a good old fashioned battle axe he brought to a knife fight - full respect.

Gini and Hendo contributed a lot of good and under appreciated work rate tonight , being everywhere and knitting the lose ends together.

Can we have a light fluffy mach next please…

7 Likes

Goal 1

Goal 2

3 Likes

Love Bobby and all he’s done, but he’s not adding very much at the mo. Jota has to be the regular starter on form. He’s hungry for goals and links up well with Mane/Salah. Let’s give him the play time.

Well done Nat Phillips at the back, too. Looked very assured, which was a relief. West Ham really tried to target us with crosses and he was always positioned in the right place to head away.

Overall impressions: good mentality. We keep going til the whistle, which is great. That said, I want to see a bit more urgency when we’re not ahead. A lot of static players not getting into the right spaces when the opposition are camping players in their box. We can’t always rely on their mistakes and have to be that little bit more adventurous. (And to be fair, we’re a bit more ambitious in the last 15 or so). Another reason we bought Thiago I suppose, but it’s a lesson the whole team could learn.

3 Likes

I am so happy for Nat Philips… No nonsense defender… An old fashioned CB… Exactly what we need…

1 Like

Still WH goal was a bummer, why haven’t we a goalie that stops these things happening?

A good three points against a team that was well organised…eleven men behind the ball. Terrible header from Joe but after that I thought he did well as did Phillips in his debut. Can’t see why the ref disallowed Jota’s first goal but made up with the next chance after a beautiful ball from Shaq. Gave Jota my MOM for making the difference when he came on. Really looking like forty million well spent.

2 Likes

Apparently, this is the time of the year we grind out our wins, just like last year.

Gave it to Phillips, well done young man. :+1:

10 Likes

Either Wijnaldum and Firmino step up or they will be warming the bench soon!

2 Likes

Fckin fcking fcking fcking fcking VAR!!

DEFIED!!!

1 Like

Sometimes that’s what you need to do! I totally agree though, there was one moment late in the second half where we were still trying to find a way through and he could have gone and tried to play an ambitious ball but he went with a safe option and I thought that was a very prudent decision. There are plenty of people on the pitch to play those balls in behind, the goalkeeper and center backs are (usually) not in that group.

1 Like
14 Likes

That’s cos he’s been told that he’s being replaced by Mbappé next summer.

6 Likes