Post Match: Liverpool v Wolves (EPL 1/3/23 8pm) UP THE REDS! WE GO!

Yes.

A few moments where he was caught out that he’ll learn from but overall another solid display from the kid, growing game by game…he now has fully instilled the trust in Klopp for him to start games weekly. Gonna save us a few bucks in the summer me thinks.

Ali making a late play for the golden glove :rofl:

1 Like

He is indeed, 4th now in the table. Only 3 behind Pope in 1st.

Would be the least he deserves.

1 Like

Today I have seen

Trent sprinting
Fabinho tackling
Defenders defending

Is the monster stirring?

5 Likes

Having a crush on a footballer is ok these days.

1 Like

Any videos of the goals? I was driving to a meeting when we scored :frowning_face:

1 Like

I can’t see the poll, I’m not going bother trying to change it.

4 Likes

Can you drive to meetings on all our match days from now on?

5 Likes

I can´t see it … what´s going on here? :rofl:

4 Likes

Google translate is key.

Three points. Clean sheet. Lovely stuff.

Performance wasn’t tip top, but it was good enough. And slowly but surely we are learning to grind out a few results. We have a few tough games coming up but top four is still possible.

Tierney is a bastard. I think Klopp spoke against him, lightly, a while ago. Since then he has reffed loads of our games and doubled down on giving us nothing.

Nice to see Konate back. Rusty, but he got through it.

Jota is easing his way back in after a long lay off with injury too. I thought his goose was cooked and he needed to be subbed at the hour mark, but then about 8 mins later he went on a forceful run, dribbling and committing defenders, and it led to what I thought was a good goal by Nunez. Still, like I said, Tierney is a bastard.

The main thing is Jota had more energy than I thought, and that will have done him the world of good.

Nunez has got game! Pace to burn, decent finish, beats a man with ease, and also has a range of passing. It won’t be long before the world acknowledges his greatness.

I came home from work early to watch that one with my lad, who was unexpectedly off school. Life is crazy and we are all getting pulled in different directions with work and schedules, so that was a precious couple of hours. It was lovely to wheel out the VVD song when that header went in!

I think we have Man Utd, Man City, Chelsea (who are struggling) and Arsenal in the next five games. Bournemouth too.

I haven’t got a clue what this vintage of Liverpool FC will serve up. Wins across the board and a stale draw to Bournemouth?

Who knows, but today we got the job done.

YNWA

3 Likes

Absolutely!

5 Likes

Solid performances from most. Nice to see the Konate monster back. Thiago and Diaz should not be far off. Could this Red engine start hitting on most cylinders?

Now, get ready to kick some Manc ass!

3 Likes

Yep, so long as everybody in the team gives even a 1% more energy and fight than the last game we should be ok and if, big IF, Klopp can somehow navigate this team to get top 4 after the horror show we’ve seen for the last 6 months it would be a bigger achievement than winning the double last year.

Diaz is the 1 we’ve all been waiting for to come back, can’t wait for him to finish off where he left…dazzling, finesse, silky inside out now you see me now you don’t boom shaka me laka. Gonna be winning games by 3…4…even 5 again when he’s back.

1 Like

A mod would never use a dirty word in the title.

1 Like

You reckon because I saw Trent on several occasions leading the press

I seem to remember a few over the years.

You also missed out Elliot slide tackling to win the ball

Good win we far better defensively and gave them very little.

Attacking wise, again an improvement created more chances than of late and could have done better on numerous occasions with the final ball.

Trent had his best game for us and looked like he gave a f$#k, tearing around the pitch like a man possessed, Elliot did some good things and not so good but he never stops, gives everything for the shirt and hopefully he succeeds here.

Final mention goes to Fab I have been disappointed with him this season but he was far better today in all aspects of his game, I do still have my reservations about his lack of pace.

2 Likes

Somehow feel that Jota is underrated. His run for the denied goal was sublime. Dubious decision IMO.
He definitely brings something different to the team.

4 Likes