Post match: Man City v Liverpool (EPL 25/11/23 12.30pm)

Take that all day long. Not a great performance, too many errors and City were really up for it. It was striking how fierce their press was in the first 15 minutes or so.

3 Likes

I do think allowing Doku that much time was deliberate. We wanted city to attack mostly from there. A calculated risk.

2 Likes

I thought we did well defensively today. We usually have most of the possession so it is uncharted territory for a lot of these players.

Trentā€™s goal was a peach and came from the counter.

The goal conceded was mainly from Ali slipping on the clearance. Iā€™m hoping he isnā€™t too badly hurt at the end.

5 Likes

@WeeJoe
I agree on Doku, but he was always an outlet and had too much room throughout the game. It is a tactic as it happens when we play most teams, we just arenā€™t in position to challenge teams wide men when receiving the ball

We played well in the 2nd half up until we scored, in fairness. For a period we were controlling the game totally.

Once we scored the mindset changes because then we had something to lose and nerves play a part. At least we went and got the equalizer. Iā€™d say we just about deserved it.

5 Likes

Thankful for the draw as we struggled to pressure their goal due to poor final balls.
Matip for me is a strange one plays well however some actions cause me to question his tactical awareness. For example he passes back far too early to Becker, with a player closing him down but still with 10m to go, Matip is effecyively not uder pressure yet his soft pass puts Becker under pressure, from the player closing Matip down who then diverts his attention to Becker. Anyway just a littl gripe however itā€™s silly stuff like that that can end up costing us.

1 Like

Commentator kept singing Dokuā€™s praises, and I really donā€™t see it. Talked up his pace, yet he was outrun by both Matip and TAA at various points. Talked up his skill, but I donā€™t recall him winning a 1v1

3 Likes

Great result, in December we are getting United and Arsenal at home, still everything to play for. Nice.

3 Likes

Lot of flash but no substance. This match atleast. Forcing city to direct their attacks there allowed us to get our defense back in shape

Who puts soap on Ali shoes?
It seems we liked to put pressure on ourselves in our 30 meters.

General consensus is at the moment, Daku does not have much end product

86 years since $hitty have beaten us in two successive games.

Fuck off, ya pack of cunts.

11 Likes

Jones looked to be very rustyā€¦He shouldnā€™t have started at all, maybe this game is too soon for him.

As for our midfield situation, we are still missing an efficient reader and tackler of the game. Macca is not that player, Endo is not that player as well.

As for our forwards, it is bizzare that they had a good international weekend but once they come back here, they looked nervousā€¦

Good point. Wouldā€™ve taken it from the start but that performance was so sloppy. We give the ball away so cheaply.

Was what I felt when he was being discussed as a player. Heā€™s still young and has time to improve. But he didnā€™t improve too much from 2 years ago to now.

1 Like

Weā€™ve just messed up Cityā€™s winning run at home. They were about to break a record with 24 straight wins. Shame.

7 Likes

Which was the main reason we didnā€™t sign him. Still a very talented player and every chance he can put it together, particularly under Guardiola.

3 Likes

Wonder if he had a niggle from the start. Never seen him pass so poorly

3 Likes

I know Ali wonā€™t get the credit because all round it was one of his lesser games today but his save from Foden end of first half that wouldā€™ve made it 2-0 kills the game there and then, phenomenal save. Few other stops that helped us come away with a point.

7 Likes

Good result imo. Well done lads. If ever a draw could be excellent itā€™s away at the Etihad, after an international break, in an early kick off.

10 Likes