Post match: Man City v Liverpool (EPL 25/11/23 12.30pm)

We’re in this season up to our necks.

3 Likes

That was a great point today, at the Emptyhad no less. The cheaters tried every trick in the book to get an edge for this game; limited ticket allocation for our lads, having players fake injury to rest during the international break, and diving left and right during the game (trying to get a hand ball call in the box, when the ball obviously comes off of the back of a leg, come on). After all that, the Reds take a point, stopping the cheaters winning run at home. Good times.

2 Likes

So we’re at the end of November and we’ve played Chelsea, City, Brighton, Spurs and Newcastle all away and find ourselves 1 point behind the cheats.

We’re gonna win this bastard!

11 Likes

Studge channeling his inner early-Eddie Murphy.

3 Likes

He’s got time with City. He wouldn’t get that with Diaz fit here.

Brilliant result. Should have lost 2-1 but hey, VAR is always against us, ahem. Doku is one hell of a threat, we did well to mostly keep him quiet.

Beat City at home now and hello perch.

Looks as though Pep said something to Darwin

https://twitter.com/i/status/1728421366893105288

1 Like

Shame we couldn’t get one in the summer. Stick a prime Fabinho in this team and we’d be formidable.

Yeah, we have become spoiled with his standard level of excellent goalkeeping.

4 Likes

If we can play that badly at the Emptihad and not lose then we’re going to win the league.

I’m not saying we were crap, but we weren’t all that good in the first half and the second half was kind of fifty-fifty. We could easily have lost. Very happy that we didn’t and that we fucked up City’s record breaking attempt, thereby keeping intact the record of one of our great managers, Tom Watson.

BTW, Nunez is a dickhead. I’ll be glad when November is over and I don’t have his silly face grinning at me. He is November in the LFC calendar.

2 Likes

Overall though very happy with the result, would be lying if I said I wouldn’t have taken a point before the game.

Virgil Matip Kostas all very good, Kostas especially I thought had a very good game, Nunez was quiet but the times he was involved usually led to a shot (or header) at goal.

Less said about Jones and Jota the better.

Why is Micah built like a refrigerator?

1 Like

Anyone remember ‘The Bad Old Days’ :0)

1 Like

I think that’s the first time i’ve ever given the 3 MOTM to defenders. TAA mainly for the goal and doing decent against one of the in form wingers, Matip for his runs and VVD for keeping the back line ticking for extended defending (with Ali having a bit of a mare). In all honesty though it’s because i think the mid and front 6 didn’t do much at all today. Glad of the point, smash them at home and we’ve come out ahead this season.

1 Like

On their goal, lots of mistakes, but I don’t understand Virgs positioning, surely you have to close Haaland down as he is the biggest threat

Mo was disappointing today. We’ll need to rework how to get Nunez and Mo to start together.

Is that @Rambler?

No offence, mate. Just a silly joke.

1 Like

You have no idea what Guardiola said that sent Nunez off at him. Darwin was sat 10 feet away and heard every word the cokehead was saying.

7 Likes

Gave the cross to Núñez header in the first half and the assist to the 1-1.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/i/status/1728421527350128762

2 Likes