Post match: Man Utd v Liverpool (EPL 13/5/21 8.15pm)

All of this. Couldn’t agree more.

I know it’s a football cliche but what he lacks in pace he makes up for in positioning and reading the game. Also has bionic springs in those legs. IMO he more than made up for the early mistake, which by the way could happen to any CB. Had many great defensive moments but him saving the goal by clearing the ball off Ali’s line was massive.

Maybe Nat is a late bloomer. Look at how Dawson has made a positive impact on West Ham this season. He’s been a revelation, the supporters adore him. He’s bounced around a bit and he’s what, 30 or 31?

9 Likes
9 Likes

That’s exactly what I’ve been saying. I think Nat is as good as Dawson. Definitely could have a future at Liverpool as backup or even a lower prem team. People see no real pace and push him down as championship quality. Dare I say it, I think Nat is better than Virgil in the air. Wins some ball.

5 Likes

Goals conceded against Aston Villa this season:

Nat 1
Virgil 7

/discussion.

9 Likes

#Nat>Virgil

1 Like

@GermanRed opening a thread again this year?

Fail Long Jump GIF

7 Likes

After reading through the post match reports, unsurprisingly the media have really played down the demonstrations before the game. They’re making more of Mane snubbing Klopp.

8 Likes

Cheers Mascot I really enjoyed that and our win cheered me up no end after I spent the afternoon at Salford hospital of all places!

2 Likes

Well done Nat Phillips
Related: It still amazes me how much better I feel about everything when our team plays well and wins…

11 Likes

It’s started…

2 Likes

its almost 530am by the time the match ended :sleeping:

4 Likes

Hats off to our time zone warriors!

I’m five hrs behind, so not too bad at all. Went into work early, left early, the only main consideration I had was whether 3.15pm was too early to drink a beer?

Nope, it wasn’t. But just to make sure I had another for the second half.

10 Likes

I think it is quite clear now that Fabinho in the midfield stabilises us quite well. Just look at the last goal we scored. He cleared the ball expertly to Curtis Jones who released Salah to a one on one with Dean Henderson.

I hope this helps make Klopp’s mind up about who to put at CB should we face another CB calamity…

3 Likes

Well you would have been really pissed off then. At our end that is a penalty.

Taylor did his best to fuck us over (again).
The sheer level of his bias is staggering.
Bailly could/should have had a red card.
McTominay should have had a red card.
Cavani deliberate hand ball two minutes after receiving yellow, should have had a red card.

One ir two of those four major decisions goes our way if its a reasonable ref. Not Taylor or Tierney on VAR. Add the rapid decision on the handball in the first few minutes? That would have been a five minute hiatus at the other end to give Bruno his customary pen.

4 Likes

For future reference, it’s never too early to drink a beer. :beers:

12 Likes

Think a lot of people are being very unfair on here.

Pogba definitely deserves a pay rise and hopefully will get a 5 year extension to his contract.

Same goes for OGS. Possibly the best manager in the Prem.

I hope they have a very very long partnership at Utd.

9 Likes

@Quicksand, you just make sure you open the last three match threads…

everyone, hands off!

6 Likes

awesome point

for all the perfection of top level footballwhere we can write players like williams off becuase he is (comparatively) slow, isnt it awesome, absolutely brilliant, that whatever happens to these two kids (and they are) in thier career and life, they’ll always be able to talk about the time they played centre back in a 4-2 win at Old Trafford.

as dissapointing as this season has been, i have alot of respect for these players in particular, they could have gone to pieces, but they have both played above themselves…they really have…which may still not be at that level we were, but they still have a story to tell.

awesome. made up for them

17 Likes

Good win.

As I said in match thread I don’t see difference between TAA penalty given v Everton when he won the ball and caught DCL on the follow through to Baileys on Phillips. Can someone tell me the difference?

Also if that tackle happens anywhere (with the exception of united penalty box) else it’s a free kick.

How many times you hear commentary say “well he won the ball but caught the player on the follow through and you just can’t do that these days”…but united can in their box.

14 Likes

To paraphrase a wise man

We smashed them, cause they’re shit

15 Likes