Post match: Man Utd v Liverpool (EPL 7/4/24 3.30pm)

A lot of over reactive comments on here unsurprisingly.

My biggest gripe about that game was the lack of desire showed in that last ten mins tbh. We looked so unbothered. You’re chasing a title lads!

Anyway, it’s done. I don’t want to think about United again for another six months and their bloody cup finals against us.

Let’s just keep winning. Arsenal have some tough old fixtures to go. They will drop points.

How we didn’t win today is beyond me. :see_no_evil: Still one point ahead of the Abu Dhabi cheaters, but behind Arsenal now. Nothing is lost yet, but it’s a hit, because we had basically a free run on the three points today.

I wouldn’t blame Quansah because of his error. That and the ensuing feeling of uncertainty which followed was bound to happen at some point. We tend to forget that our backline is composed of two youngsters and our reserve goalie. That’s because they have done incredibly well since they had to come in the side, above any realistic expectation. But they are still boys, that’s how it is, at least Quansah and Bradley.

At least, we got the equalizer, because a defeat would have been a bit much to bear, considering the difference in quality between the sides.

7 Likes

We had moments where we were far too sloppy. Sure the wind didn’t help as that makes no difference to Manure. It’s just that when there’s wind you need to put a little more weight on the pass not a little less.
Anyway giving a goal away gave them the drive they needed to make things difficult for us!

I try to be a positive voice in here but can’t do it today. United are absolutely shit. Their midfield was nonexistent. So bad that commentators were laughing at them. Only ourselves to blame. Composure ans finishing was a joke.

Virg, Diaz and Elliott the only ones to come out of that shitshow with any credit

1 Like

I can not see how you can not blame him, it was really sloppy and bad!

1 Like

If you can’t beat this shit United team in either PL game, then you don’t deserve the League. Also, our record against City and Arsenal H2H has not been good enough. I don’t think most of us expected a title challenge this year, so not all that surprised, but frustrated at our profligacy.

1 Like

Nah, it was definitely Quansah’s error. But he’ll learn from this. Lots of potential there still.

3 Likes

It’s fucktarded shite like this that remind me why i don’t bother posting here.

11 Likes

I would. Was the turning point. Hopefully he’ll learn from it. Had a great season. I don’t think he should have started today though

2 Likes

It’s a bad result but we are still equal on points with Arsenal and we can easily reverse that GD disadvantage by beating Palace 10-0

Will have about 10 members then

That hurts more than getting knocked out of the Cup. It’s fucking mind blowing how we can spunk so many gilt edged chances. Diaz at the end epitomised it. And Mo Salah , well excuse me mate , but you’ve been utter garbage all year.

It’s out of our hands now and I think we all know how that ends.

2 Likes

Why do you support LFC?

Crikey dude.

2 Likes

Then fuck off

It was clearly Quansah’s fault, and it was 100% a one-man individual mistake.

3 games against this dross with no wins. This one’s the worst, as it was pure and simple a bottlejob and it probably would have ended in a loss had it not been for Elliott.

I’ve never missed Jota in a game more and I feel sorry for Klopp and the fans that paid good money to go to that shithole.

1 Like

Not sure I agree with that, I think they tried but weren’t patient or smart enough. A few times Jones was caught with the ball with no option to pass to because all the forwards had legged it too far up the pitch. Elliot came on and gave us real impetus right until the end, just a shame those around him had a brain dead finale to the game.

1 Like

Shit happens. It’s how you deal with it.

2 Likes

Nearly 70 years watching Liverpool and one thing I have learned. Playing Manchester United is never ever a gimme. Even when we were the best in Europe we always struggled against them…and especially at Old Trafford.

Taking just 5 points from 18 against City, Arsenal and United…:smirk:

4 Likes