Post match: Man Utd v Liverpool (FAC 24/1/21 5.00pm)

I’m all for playing players into form as it seems to work with players like Bobby…but TAA needs a month off. He’s shattered. Its not all his form it’s his mental fitness as well. He looks leggy and can’t cross the ball properly.

2 Likes

Very even game could have went either way but ended up going to them for a dive. Williams is a accident waiting to happen.

1 Like

Yeh, I agree and he’s been doing that all his career. I’m not even sure there was any contact, but Fabinho and Pawson both bought it.

1 Like

Why, when Bobby was looking like he was playing into a bit of form he is hooked for Div?
Stupid decision.

2 Likes

We need something and origi comes on. Its totally laughable.

1 Like

I feel for Taki. It really hasn’t been a great career move coming to Liverpool. Hindsight being what it is, he would’ve been better off staying in Salzburg and actually playing every week.

11 Likes

Anyone seen a good angle on Rashfords goal as he looks offside with his left shoulder

1 Like

Alisson has to take some responsibility for that. He kept asking the wall to go to his right…so you take it the wall covers their right and keeper his left…yet beaten to his left cos he takes 1 step to his right first.

4 Likes

happy with the effort, happy with the goals… we playing the long game here. so im ok with the play tonight. goals were all on errors

2 Likes

You could also ask the question, why was Gini hooked at the time in the game when we were on top and actually looked like we could go on to win it?

2 Likes

I don’t think Ali was very good at all tonight. That’s not an overall, sweeping indictment on him because I absolutely adore him, he just wasn’t very good on this particular day.

7 Likes

yeah, dude has been treated like shit

1 Like

Curtis Jones was quietly very impressive.

TAA still in a worrying form and to a degree less, so was Robertson.

The thing is, Cavani is experienced and knows full well that Fab and R Williams are going for the ball in the same way that Lovren used to go for headers - they have to win it in their minds. Hence he’s looking for it. Soft, and Mo wouldn’t get it (did you see the pull on him in the first half?), but Man Utd gonna get that all day long at Old Trafford.

In real time, I thought it was off, but not seen it since.

On another day, Alison would’ve saved all those goals. One of 'em days. Wanted Keheller to play the domestic cups.

Dissapointed as strong team out there, but then mistakes leading to goals.

2 Likes

I agree, I thought his positioning was wrong for the free kick.

I still dont understand how some think that wasn’t a foul by Fab on Cavani, there is clear contact on Cavani by Fabs right knee, for me it was a stupid challenge and as I said in the pre match thread, if that was on us I would expect a free kick even though we may not have got it.

I thought Trent had his best game for a while.

If there is one criticism I have for the reds, it’s that Utd had one tactic. Just one. And that was get Rashford in behind Rhys Williams. Nobody helps him, and he gets done again, and again, and again.

4 Likes

I am at a loss why on these decisions against us we aren’t seeing the lines, to see whether it is offside or not, especially with what has happened to us this season with shit offside decisions???

1 Like

He’s the one who has the most minutes. Was a planeed sub. Others need to step up. At 2-1 down, we were pushing and leaving spaces for the counter. At 2-2, we were still leaving spaces.

What has happened to our game management? In the last three years, we would alter our game play for a few minutes, hold position, pass around. Now it seems like we’ve gone back to one gear football.

Definitely. Thought he had an off day today.