Post match: Man Utd v Liverpool (FAC 24/1/21 5.00pm)

I can’t help but think without all the injuries, and with a more settled team he’d be given more chances. He really only had bits and pieces and never with a settled team around him. I want him to do well, maybe next season.

4 Likes

well credit to the players, played on the front foot the whole game, created goals from the middle of the park…all goals conceded were because of mistakes

1 Like

So, does anybody know if Fabinho is suspended for the Spurs game, after receiving the inevitable yellow card today?

1 Like

I am going to be honest and say I just don’t give a fuck about the FA cup anymore. I’m annoyed because we lost to Manure but that’s about it.

1 Like

There’s that pattern again in the dying seconds of injury time.

Corner. Everyone goes into the box. What to do? I know, let’s take it short so the ref blows for time.

Free kick? Let’s do a one yard pass before trying to swing it in.

Another game, another corner after the injury time minutes have already ticked over? That’s right, let’s try to play a cute one two. Becuase that worked great before.

This game? Let’s pass 5 yards to a kid who has already made mistakes in the game, and pass to him when he is running away with a player on him. Who then proceeds to do what that keeper did against Roger MIlla all those years ago.

Tyler said not.

2 Likes

Even Ian Wright said he was on his way down before a slight contact from Fab
Sick and tired of the same refs screwing us over

4 Likes

I know this is cruel but …
I dont care about Williams confidence. He has no future with us. He is too slow for us or any top team . I wish him well in the EFL. Hope he has a great career somewhere else. The sooner the better.

I am appalled that we have not invested in proper Centre Half cover. Lovrens gone Gomez and Matip are injury prone.

3 Likes

Many thanks, I had the sound muted

1 Like

Scored two, gifted three.

Fucking hate losing to them and doing it like this is even worse. All game long they did nothing but take advantage of our errors. We are so much better than them, it’s such a shame.

We played better though, there was some fluidity for the first time in weeks but overall nowhere near good enough. And we still have too many players looking out of it.

6 Likes

But var must have seen it, so he’s cheating and its not a foul…but again its against us so we’ll give a foul.

1 Like

Mixed feelings about the whole thing. I never want to lose to them, so not happy, but on the other hand, the FA Cup has lost its lustre and especially this season, with all the challenges we are facing, we don’t need the extra games.

As for the match, two neat goals by Mo, and he had a couple of looks at the hat-trick. They targeted Rhys Williams and got plenty of change, as the lad is a good half a yard off the pace. He has been promoted up the pecking order due to circumstances, and he’s not quite ready for it, so I won’t have a go.

Cavani made the most of the presence of Fabinho for their free kick, getting across, drawing some contact, and going down like Fabinho had assaulted him. The ref bought what he was selling, and then that rat-looking-man Bruno stuck it in the net. Our set up looked way too open, as though we were inviting him to shoot at that side of the goal which looked fairly unprotected.

Two goals, so a bit brighter. Hate to lose to them.

Hopefully we regroup and start getting some better results in the league.

2 Likes

I too want us to sign a centre back but please tell me all these people going on about FSG and how tight they are etc… where are we going to magic up the 50-70 million that it’s going to cost to buy a CB the level of VVD, Gomez and Matip.

Preferably better than Matip and Gomez

Meh… not bothered at all. After all, we’ve become accustomed to defeats now, aren’t we?

Credit to the mancs though, they look like champions.

1 Like

Can we not get anyone on loan who would love to play for LFC

1 Like

there a couple of woeful performance’s

but that was encouraging 2 goals, and a bit more fight and desire to play football and win

looking forward to our next game now

Hopefully we are starting to see to little bit light at the end of this dark tunnel,
and its not some fucker with a torch.

interesting to hear Ian Wright say that was never a foul for the winning goal,
then get immediately slapped down by Gary Lineker, (and what was that look he gave?)

Wrighty obviously not towing the party line!

6 Likes

So that /not only this result, but the resulst for the last month/ is the result of the failure of the recruitment team last summer.

Not signing a center back is turning into a nightmare and the owners just don’t care that Klopp, the team and the fans are in a very difficul position.

This team needs confidence and with Rhys Williams, Nat Philips and the missing Matip it is impossible.

One of our central defenders is actually the best defensive midfielder in the league and we are losing his quality in the middle of the field /probably for the whole season/, because someone refuses to support the manager.

The same manager that brought us back to the top of European football with net spending of around 100 mln. pounds for 5 years.
The same manager that made the club really profitable and yes we all remember the huge net profit of over 150 mln. pounds for the last two seasons. the same manager that built the team without asking anything from the owners.

And now he has asked for a cenral defender, because the lack of qulity in that position is shocking.

A football team is functioning like a machine, change the parts or remove some of them and the machine will not be so efefctive. For example, play your best mdifeidlers in defence and it will also hurt, not only defence, but midfield and of course the attack. These are simple rules, the constant change of positions also leads to a drop of form of the palyers and I am telling you as a person who is a football coach and is doing it for a very long time.

I wrote it a month ago that we will fight for top 4, but now i am telling you that if we lose Matip or Fab for a longer period we will say goodbye to top 4 and next season the club will have to sell at least one of its star players, because it is exactly what FSG do. Their model is good, but only if you have a world class manager, but still this manager is a human being and he will need support and help to continue delivering.

FSG, just give Klopp what he wants, support the manager when he needs it, because it is the least he has deserved since he is part of our great club.

5 Likes

Surely there’s no championship or backup Prem centre half that has some sort of pace. Has to be better than what we have. How much money for getting top 4?
Surely that makes it worth it, because we might not even get that the way we are looking.

1 Like

Like who… who is going to be that good that their club is going to want to let go?

I’m gutted. The cup was our best chance at silverware this year.

Who would have thought playing a slow teenager at CB against Marcus Rashford would backfire?

Overall performance was better, but that’s not saying too much. New CB now. Needed for the shape of the whole team.

4 Likes