Post Match: Midtjylland vs Liverpool |(UCL 9/12/20 6pm)

Yeah that is possible indeed. Jota in the starting line-up against Fulham, and then Salah back into it for Tottenham. We’ll see.

2 Likes

Jota was dull last night :innocent:

1 Like

Missed most of the first half, caught the second half, but wasn’t fully concentrating on it. Sounds like the HT change in central defence changed the game for the worst.

All the concern on Salah getting 90 mins is understandable, however we have some of the best sports scientists out there, and the players fitness levels are constantly tracked. Every player also has their own fitness regime, and part of fitness includes minutes on the pitch.

It’s probably better for Trent to get 90 mins last night and miss a training session today. Probably part of his recovery and match sharpness.

Salah gets a bit cranky if he’s not scored for a bit or he’s hauled off early in a game. I assume he’s a bit like a toddler - don’t tire him out enough and you’ve got a problem.

I’m relatively relaxed that our medical science department are completely on the ball. We may have picked up some really bad injuries of late, but the three really bad ones have been as a result of poor challenges causing damage to joints. The minor pulls and strains will happen periodically, but that’s part of the sport.

On to Fulham next, expect a strong line up, but also expect that Matip or Fab is rested, and Salah to start on the bench.

7 Likes

Noticing in this thread a few people concerned that Klopp will come across as a bit hypocritical in the media in regards to comments regarding resting players.

All I have to say is that the media are all 100% cunts who can all go do one, who gives a fuck what they think, what they write isnt fit to wipe your arse with.

Klopp can do what he likes with the team, and while we might be surprised a bit here or there, rest assured he is the best manager in the fucking world right now (and has world class supports around him) and knows exactly how far to push or pull this squad to win fucking shiny cunts to put in our trophy cabinet.

7 Likes

Bloke on BT Sport did on the highlights I watched.

2 Likes

Only if we play him in the first half!

He looked decent first half, but faded badly second half and gave it away dangerously a couple of times. Still, I won’t pile in on a kid, as he looked like he could play, especially on the first half showing.

2 Likes

No. As @RedOverTheWater said above me here, Clarkson was ground to dust by match end. Very valuable minutes for him but he’s not near physically ready to compete regularly with the first team over 90 minutes. Especially not in the league.

Someone asking about Keita maybe being hurt last night, I can’t find the post to quote it. I made a comment in the match thread that I thought Keita looked like he tweaked something on the shot he took right before HT. He had a noticeable limp as he came off. After the shot it looked like he was favoring his shooting leg and not running well. Then when He and Kaba were exchanging shirts and walking off together and I thought he was limping.

Could be nothing and hopefully IS nothing.

2 Likes

Clarkson isn’t ready to start meaningful games, not unless it’s forced through injuries. He faded big time second half but it’s worth remembering the two centre backs behind him. It felt like the second half was just a case of us trying to hang on which is tiring physically and mentally. That tends to be the case when you have too many kids up against seasoned pros, it very rarely works out. Midgetland are, somewhat ironically, a massive side and very physical, so it’s not easy for a bunch of teenagers to cope with that type of football.

Keita was terrible which is to be expected. Any time he plays in a much changed team against some mediocre side like that he tends to be poor. Put him with the first team against the best sides around and he’s usually very good. He’s a player who relies on our system to operate as it should to show his best form.

Rhys Williams was fairly good again, particularly on the ball. Could be a very decent defender when he fills out a bit and learns to be more commanding.

All in all it was a pointless game we’ll only remember for all the VAR nonsense that came along with it.

10 Likes

It’s an official game of champions league football. The jokes about playing a few TAN members are just that, jokes.

The mix was about right to me, bar maybe Salah, but I think klopp has earnt a level of trust here.

We need to be careful not to rush to judge, players will want to play, the club will want to perform, the manager will also want to protect his kids

We still had quite a few ressies and back up players starting and as has been pointed out elsewhere, this isn’t a Wednesday/saturday thing

The recovery period is 4 days.

The fixtures are too congested, that’s still a fact.

9 Likes

Well said, I also need to see these shiny cunts you refer to

Pictures please

1 Like

How is the Anfield wrap nowadays?

I stopped listening years ago as it just wasn’t my thing, painting opinion as fact, bizarre theories and just something about the style of presentation.

They flit from one eyed fan view to trying way too hard to seriously assess situations, and generally repeat the same point about five times in a forty minute podcast

I can just see how that coronavirus analysis would have transpired…

Just as a bit of a side, I’ve heard there’s this thing, called a test, to see if you have coronavirus…

2 Likes

Screw that lot anything Klopp does is fine by me all I know his primordial concern is the welfare of his players all the senior players selected played to look after the newbies on every part of the pitch and today he explained why Salah played 100 min it was his choice anyway because he wanted to break the record. If we didn’t get dodgy decisions we would have won and he would have been vindicated for his team selections. I wouldn’t worry about the hounds in the press conference he will handle them very easily.

5 Likes

Pretty good actually my son bought me a subscription for christmas and all the speakers chaired by Atkinson are all diehard Liverpudlians are very articulate and the female representation is very good.
I never miss any of their podcasts

5 Likes

I agree with most of what you said.
The test? Yes, very useful but not a silver bullet.

1 Like

But it should be enough to promote a youth player to the firsts? No?

I mean, if we can’t trust the test for a youth player we can’t trust the same test for a senior player, or an opposition player for that matter.

It just emphasises my point about the Anfield wrap having an in-depth conversation about something like that… it’s just padding.

I think that was my issue come to think of it, most of the podcasts had a little morsel of decent input and about 85% blatant padding to get to a ‘full length’ episode.

1 Like

That I agree on. Just some mates talking about footy making out they’re something else.

2 Likes

Agree but hes been here a year now and if memory serves has been of the few who haven’t picked up an injury so why can he never start? I mean how demoralizing that you see shit like Origi start ahead of you.

I just think that after seeing him close up Klopp doesn’t think he is good enough. He never starts an important or semi important game - only games where Klopp doesnt seem bothered about the result - he only started Brighton as we literally had no one else who could play - and did nothing of note.

I really want him to succeed but cant see it. He’ll probably move on in the summer.

1 Like

I used to be a subscriber (been a listener from the free days) but I felt that since the subs went up to £7 for standard subs they just went overkill and released a load of podcasts that were of no interest and getting weaker with content.
It got to the point where if I listened to them all id only be listening to LFC talk all week. Id get to the end of the month and have about 40 un-listenend to and that’s mainly down to working from home as I dont have the commute anymore - but also I wasn’t interested in a lot of them.
The pods I love are the pre-match, after match and the pods where they really break down the game.

But in August this year I cancelled my subs and just get the 2 free shows a week.

I like a lot of the contributors and for me still best LFC podcast out there by a mile.

3 Likes

The very few podcasts of post match I listen to were really really poor…

A fair bit of crowing and screaming, elation, screaming we are the best team…

I get all that with my mates

The analysis was really basic, dressed up as in depth

I think that was my problem with it

1 Like

Agree - the one immediately after the match were sometimes unlistenable.
I get that they want to get the atmos but you cant record a talking podcast with 100s of fans screaming behind you and most of the TAW people were half cut.

2 Likes