Post Match & MOTM Poll v Fulham (A) - 21.4.24

Don’t give away too many secrets Trent

2 Likes

Hopefully Mac is back in midfield.

I’d go for Grav, Endo and Mac as the midfield against the bitters.

2 Likes

The 4 men that saved LFC’s hopes today : TAA, Gakpo, Gravenburch and Jota.

TAA was brilliant in his set-piece today. It was a very tasty free-kick that set LFC on a good start.

Gakpo’s quick feet is what is required to drag defences all over the place and showed everyone how a LW should do by not needlessly dribbling into a dead alley every fucking time.

Ryan Gravenburch took a bit of time to get into the match but is very very tidy on the ball. Great technique on the strike.

Jota finally got his scoring boots on and it was a cool finish.

Today also marks the day where the starting forwards have a goal and assist among themselves after 270 minutes of football.

The decent performance of Endo, Robbo, Diaz, Quansah and VVD gave the team a solid platform to win.

Robbo and Endo improved massively in the second half where they started to move the ball with more purpose.

The bad:

The subs were kinda sloppy.

Bar for Gomez, the subs on the pitch were terrible. Nunez continued his knack of driving into impossible angles to shoot, Salah looks a pale shadow of himself and Szoboszlai can’t help himself giving the ball away.

It is extremely refreshing to see meritocracy at work. The underperforming forwards are all dropped from the start. The underperforming midfielders bar for Macca who is tired AF carrying his team-mates were all dropped from the starting lineup.

2 Likes

Jota is the certainty for me, and you could argue that Gakpo has earned the shirt over the last couple of weeks. Would be amazed if Mo was left out.

3 Likes

no Gakpo has to be in there

2 Likes

well said

Its a tough call between Diaz and Gakpo now but Diaz’s pace would get him the nod for me against the Everton side who will pack the bodies.

Gakpo seemingly is better when he’s up against an opposition who press higher.

Happy for Grav, looked like he was being frozen out by JK after some pretty shite performances but he did really well today.
MF 3 was a worry beforehand but Endo grew into the game and was excellent 2nd half, Harvey was everywhere and never stopped running…needs to work on his shooting though, that FK and shot early 2nd half was terrible.
Great to see Jota get one, that front 3 needs to start every game moving forward and bring Salah and Nunez on against tired legs.
All a bit of a stroll in the end which is nice with those bitter cunts up next.

1 Like

midfield three of endo, macca and ryan on wednesday??

2 Likes

Yeah. I won’t mind Gomez as a LB. Robbo’s done great in the second half but it’s more of horses for courses.

2 Likes

Pace is absolutely useless against a team who is gonna pack the defence and midfield and only press around their box.

Diaz is more likely to force Everton to break their formation.

3 Likes

chances are it will be jones though

Is it easy to find away tickets for the West Ham game??? Dying for those traveling stand fist bumps…

Not sure how you can have Jones in. He’s better in the left side of the midfield and Grav , Mac get in ahead of him. Grav on the basis of this performance.

1 Like

last two games we did start with endo macca and jones unless im mistaken…i remember complaining about the pace of the midfield

And we didn’t do well there in midfield. Jones has some improvement to do in his decision making. Takes too long on the ball.

no we did not but Klopp keeps talking about rotating players

A better performance with lots of energy from the players. Keep it up boys, YNWA.

4 Likes

Phew.
Comfortable, but far from convincing.

NEXT.

2 Likes