Post match: Palace vs Liverpool (EPL 5/10/24 12.30pm)

Who was it? Ban them!

4 Likes

Any chance is concerning when you are a fan and invested in the team.

Meanwhile, we are top of the league with only two goals conceded. And we lead the league in xGA.

We have the best defence in the league, regardless of what we think when our chimps are out.

Sterner tests to come of courseā€¦

6 Likes

I think what Slot has done is stop our players worrying if we havent got the game wrapped up iin first 20.
Its OK to slow down and not panic

1 Like

Unlike some supportersā€¦

6 Likes

Slot out, heā€™s got no plan for the supporters! Come on FSG, if you time it right Eric and Gareth may both be available

Jack Nicholson

1 Like

Who was the voting at half time prick?

• Cynnie
  • AN_L
  • Barry Sith
  • SBYM
0 voters
1 Like

Wasnā€™t even online for the majority of the match. Logged in at the last 10 odd minutes.

NOW! How fucking difficult is it for him to come read the forum before setting the strategy for the team before every match?

1 Like

Doth protest too muchā€¦ And you voted for AN_L I see

Oh it seems everyone votes for AN_L. Am I on the wrong board?

3 Likes

With regards to the chances weā€™re giving up thatā€™s all part of the tactics. Since Klopp the aim seems to be to drag as many of the opposition into our half leaving room for the midfield and Attackers in behind. We will definitely concede chances and against better teams goals but the fact weā€™ve managed to only concede 2 goals up to now is amazing even though its against lower class teams.

Anyone who watched any of Arsenal against Southampton yesterday will see how this tactic works badly without the right players, i think Southampton set up all of Arsenals chances losing the ball playing out from the back and gave them loads more chances. We have players who are brilliant (and cool under pressure) at this. We will concede more chances and goals but itā€™s the price to create the big chances we get.

If our players were clinical weā€™d have scored a load more goals (Jota missed 2 sitters alone yesterday, Moā€™s missed a few and Darwin, well) then conceding a few chances wouldnā€™t be such a worry. I love the way we play even when we lose, i wouldnā€™t change it as weā€™re the most exciting to watch (the fact we get all the tv times proves this) and eventually weā€™ll get even better and allow them even less chances (and hopefully finish better)

4 Likes

Might be wrong but was it more of a midfield 1-2 than the usual 2-1 double pivot yesterday?

4 Likes

More of a 1 - 1 after a promising first 25 Jones drifted rest of his game.

1 Like

Oh, you are just saying that because the BBCā€¦

1 Like

Haha @Alright_Now_Legend

Iā€™m tempted to close the poll now. Itā€™s pretty conclusive.

2 Likes

You gave the forum a new perspective by putting @Alright_Now_Legendā€™s initials in the poll. Itā€™s not a pretty perspectiveā€¦but explains a lotā€¦

4 Likes

I know the feeling @Wilkored08 . When I get one of those, the only thing that works is having a sleeping mask on with the curtains shot and lying down in my bedroom and falling asleep. Hope youā€™re feeling much better today.

1 Like

Yep getting thereā€¦just want to eat cheese n onion crispsā€¦for some unknown reasonā€¦

4 Likes

The only recurring injury that I remember was Thiago and he brought that with him from Germany and the other one who was as brittle as chocolate was Keita who sometimes feeling a twinge would be out and both Gomez injury periods were picked up playing for England.

1 Like