Post Match: Porto v Liverpool (UCL 28/9/21 8pm)

No foreplay?!

1 Like

Curtis Jones what a game from the lad.
What were people saying about Robbo? :grin:
Anyway that’s the difference when you are prepared correctly/properly whatever!

2 Likes

Think Curtis took Klopp’s words to heart. Hoping this means he shows up with more consistency

3 Likes

Anyway this is what I meant in the Brentford post match by more clinical. We were ruthless, we made their defence pay for their mistakes, we pounce on half chances on scored. We could have more, but I think ruthlessness is a habit. I was thinking to myself when we were 2-0 up and then when 3-0 after the subs, I was thinking oh shit…we are going to just pedal off again—which is nothing wrong actually but its more like taking the chances when they come…and Firmino took both chances when they came…fantastic…we need to bring this to this Sunday.

2 Likes

Felt like every other time we play Porto - we show up, they try and pass it out the back and end up gifting us a few goals without much effort at all on our part.

Curtis Jones just putting a few of those who questioned his ability at the start of the year in their place.

Easy peasy.

10 Likes

Jones has never been inconsistent!

1 Like

Grujic though. What a player.

4 Likes

I feel vindicated in my opinion while he was here that he’s a heavy, slow plodding player with a poor work ethic whose only hope of making it with us was a complete financial implosion that meant he was the only fucker left.

6 Likes

Thanks for tutorial

He’s fucking terrible.

Don’t think that could have been much better after Brentford.

Jones bossed the game though I felt he was one of the better on Saturday, Robertson however chalk and cheese from Saturday several massive interceptions at the back and up front he was good.

Don’t even mind about the late goal first and second are almost interchangeable it feels nowadays so to be 5 points clear so early is very satisfying.

Plus we got to rest some of our key players and Man City won’t

9 Likes

Wiped the floor with a despondent Porto again. My favourite goal was that torture roll by Bobby. Decapitating blow to the small revolution Porto tried to stage.

Motm: Curt , Curtis and Jones. Though I have to say it was an incredible team performance tonight.

Inject more of this at the weekend and I’ll throw a round of fuel.

16 Likes

It was the pass that made it for me, after that try and catch me dribble! :rofl:
Bobby was good at the difficult stuff but really shit at the easy stuff gave the ball away soo easily soo often, I suppose he was a bit cold and could have had a splinter in his bum.

2 Likes

Could have been Blue Loon and tissues

Watching their keeper sprinting back at full pelt with his big gloves flapping about has just cracked me up again.

5 Likes

Proud Of You Yes GIF

Normally I watch the whole game before deciding on MotM but Jonesy was phenomenal throughout. OK maybe not the strongest of opponents but he absolutely ripped it.

Slso went for Salah for being on the other end of the Toxteth lad and Robbo who I thought looked his best for a while. I was considering Bobby for taking the piss but only had the 3 votes.

I did think that Milner looked better than Gomez at RB but they did OK. That’s going to have to be a call for the boss at the weekend.

1 Like

Torn between what’s the biggest positive of the game:

1. The Curtis Jones Show
  2. Robbo middle finger to the doubters

Crisis???

7 Likes

17/18 - Porto 0-5 Liverpool
18/19 - Porto 1-4 Liverpool
21/22 - Porto 1-5 Liverpool.

5 Likes

And the number 99 on his back. He doesn’t deserve a number tbh :joy:

2 Likes