Post Match: Porto v Liverpool (UCL 28/9/21 8pm)

At least they are scoring now :rofl:

Porto the Norwich of Europe !!

7 Likes

Curtis Jones vs Porto:⁣

• 86 touches⁣
• 89% pass accuracy⁣
• 3 key passes⁣
• 4/4 dribbles⁣
• 3 #LFC assists⁣
• 1 big chance created⁣
• 7/10 ground duels⁣
• 3/3 shots on target⁣

𝙈𝙊𝙏𝙈 𝙥𝙚𝙧𝙛𝙤𝙧𝙢𝙖𝙣𝙘𝙚 .

15 Likes

The boys are back…

6 Likes

Those saying Porto were crap really weren’t kidding. Their defence was a bag full of mistakes.

Wonderful game. Easiest MOTM decision all year probably in Curtis. A monster. Other two votes to Hendo and Fab.

2 Likes

If they’d had a competent 'keeper we’d have sneaked that 2-1 which is absolutely fucking bizarre given the difference in class between the two teams.
We were outrageously good though with Hendo and Curtis running the whole game. Made up for Bobby and Mane, both needed their goals.
Good ref as well, didn’t buy any of their nonsense like the constant holding of the face.

6 Likes

stroll in the park , especially with the howler that the porto keeper has been having.

Their stadium seems to be our training ground.

Proper farmer’s league football played by Porto that.

1 Like

I’ve posted this goal literally 582 times but what’s one more time amongst friends? :joy: Of all the goals Mo has ever scored in our shirt, and there have been some beautiful goals, this goal v Porto (2018 Feb) will always be my absolute favorite of them all.

16 Likes

Didn’t see the match due to not being awake, but now that I’ve seen the goals I wonder if Porto might be interested in a German goalkeeper we’ve got going cheap. Can’t be any worse than the one they’ve got.

5 Likes

Coming after Brentford that was beautiful to watch.
Good game all round,Hendo imperious,Robbo and Bobby back on song,and the Jones boy! How good is that young lad.
MOTM theree were a couple of candidates,but because I am determined to live in the past,just one from me!
And that has to be Curtis Jones.

3 Likes

We played against their backup keeper today. Their regular keeper, who is an Argentine international player, was on the bench as he just recovered from injury. Dun think we can market our backup backup keeper to them…

1 Like

Most pleasant evening.

Last night really showed the evolution of the midfield… The triangle that Elliot Salah, Trent were building on the right is now matched by the same on the left with Jones, Mane and Robbo.

The interchange was excellent, no surprise Robbo and Mane looked better and had more space with the movement and passing of Curtis.

Bright future with Elliot and Jones in our midfield.

7 Likes

Worth noting they lost Pepe just before the game and then another player early in the first half. Probably disrupted them quite a bit. I feel a bit sorry for their keeper. A bit of a horror show there. We should know.

We’re in a good place in the group right now. Sadly Madrid sneaked a win with a shocker of a penalty from Suarez. Had that finished all square we would have been sitting very pretty indeed.

4 Likes

Every time we play Porto they always seem to be on a mad unbeaten run stretching back months and I convince myself that this time they are going to give us a game, but then they roll over and die. That performance from them was the very opposite of Brentford. Weak, passive and a keeper who couldn’t have been more obliging if he’d picked up the ball and thrown it in his own net. They were disrupted by injuries but it was hard to tell how good a performance that was from us. Felt like an extended training session.

8 Likes

Yeah, I think Jones, Henderson and Fabinho deserve a lot of credit for that last night I think. Porto could hardly breathe and it was those 3 that were largely responsible for that.

Nice to see some effective creativity from midfield as well I thought. We miss that sometimes, relying too much on the forwards or the full backs.

2 Likes

We were a different outfit to when we played Brentford. VVD and Matip were careful not to get pulled out wide so easily and if they did we were getting players back to cover. We were much better than against Brentford Fabs particularly was much more authorative.
1st 20 minutes Porto didn’t look bad however we looked prepared for them. Then there was us taking our chances, that’s probably what was the biggest difference actually passing the ball into the back of the net, emphasised by Bobby’s goal).
So we won ‘easily’ doesn’t make Porto less than Brentford when the difference in our concentration and application in the 2 matches was night and day.

1 Like

Aye I thought the ref was very good, so consistent both ways

3 Likes

Virgil could have done with being a couple of feet more central than he was for their goal, but that’s nitpicking.

1 Like