Post match: Rangers v Liverpool (UCL 13/10/22 8pm)

Quickest hat-trick in CL eh, Mo is washed

3 Likes

They want him out…man who got them to a UEL final last season only losing on pens. That’s crazy.

3 Likes

Harvey was excellent tonight.

If we want to go 4231 against City, I’d have a serious think about Harvey taking the right wing to put Salah up top.

12 Likes

Can only beat what’s in front of you, and we came out in 2nd half with a rocket up us. Perfect 2nd half. Confidence boost for Mo. Bobby keeping our season alive.

Still have concerns about Darwin. Could be comparison to Bobby alongside him, but his technique looks so poor

1 Like

A really enjoyable and impressive second half, which contrasted very much with a difficult first half, during which we conceded the first goal yet again. Then, it was all about fighting the fight to level things up and get the equalizer.

Right after the break, you could feel that it was the real Liverpool showing up. Bobby was absolutely brilliant throughout his game, MoM for me without a doubt. But looking at that second half, all players improved immensely and the subs only added to the momentum: Mo with the fastest hat-trick in CL history, what about that? :star_struck:

Very glad also for Nunez who scored a worldie from Bobby’s super-assist, and for Elliot, who scored his first CL goal.

7-1, a superb goal difference and six points ahead of Ajax with two games to go. I don’t want to jinx us, but the likeliness that we qualify is at 99% now. :+1: :blush:

3 Likes

Second half was like against Bournemouth. Great second half and Pep will start overthinking things now.

3 Likes

Bobby turned the clock back a couple of years and pulled us out of a shocking first hour with a vintage performance. Mo must get a huge confidence boost and I just hope he can take that into Sundays game. Gave Bobby MOM great to see he back on form.

2 Likes

Our best goal scorer. We play him upfront and he scores a six minute hat trick.

Who knew?

11 Likes

Ibou sewing a massive pocket onto the shorts he will be wearing at the weekend to put Haaland in…

7 Likes

He scored something like 44 goals in a season playing off the right in a 433… then another 3 seasons with 30+ goals a season.

2 Likes

Bobby’s been superb all season and deserves a 1 year extension.

Dont think anyone saw that 2nd half coming after that 1st half

7 Likes

Thought we looked great from start of 2nd half

Missed the first half, saw the second, I think the curse that kicked in when I didn’t see the Bournemouth game might be over.

Whatever Klopp said it worked it seems though having not seen the first I don’t know how bad we were, it may go one of two ways but with this win in the bag and some much needed Salah goals we now need only a point and we can put the CL away until the spring.

It’s the kind of win we needed mind, I do think some of our play has been confidence related, the manager can now point to two games instead of treating one as a anomaly.

Firmino deserves a contract but I won’t clamour as we have seen with others though in the past, last few weeks I have seen a bit of a inner club thing building , Salah with Elliot and Thiago with Trent last week, there is certainly an inner club togetherness. It’s why I simply don’t buy this “trouble at the mill” type rumour.

It’s hurting them this so it’s good to see them supporting one another and hopefully more nights like this.

5 Likes

Yes ‘off the right’, not hogging the touchline

2 Likes

Both them and Eintract are on their way out of Europe altogether after the group stage. Europa success is normally achieved by teams who can hold their own in the CL. Not last year it seems.

2 Likes

Ferdinand and Ally had a reality check second half. :grinning:

6 Likes

Shows what happens when we look arsed enough to be on the money from the time the whistle blows. Obviously, that’s means the 2nd half whistle. Still managed to gift away the opening, as is now the trend. Hard to know what to take from this but maybe the 2nd kickstart to the season will be the last one needed.

1 Like

Rangers were never finishing anything other than bottom when the draw was made…would be harsh if he lost his job off the back of that.

Fucking prick. Love Ally and have no issues with him celebrating, but what the hell was Rio at?

6 Likes

Their biggest ever margin of defeat in Europe, I do believe.

3 Likes