Post match: Rangers v Liverpool (UCL 13/10/22 8pm)

Yeah Ally is always very complimentary of us when he has done commentary on Amazon and it’s his team of course he is going celebrate but Rio is just a tosser, fuck off Rio.

6 Likes

Mo almost looked embarrassed scoring a hatrick against these.

2 Likes

That was one of the things that peed me off tonight. The commentators on BT somebody anf Macmanaman saying that Jota had not scored since April. He’s been injured for a whole lot of that time. His goals kept us in the Carabao Cup when Mo and Naby were away at AFCON.
Also will someone tell commentators and pundits that NO shot is a million miles away from hitting the target? I hate that phrase. When Milly was coming on for Ibou the commentator asked “will he go into the back four”? Macmanaman answered “no, that’ll be Gomes”. Where the feck did he think Joe had been playing all night? Milly by the way went to right back. Which I’m sure is in the back four.
While I’m on a rant FFS Macmanaman stop accentuating the ‘ing’ on the end of words. You never did it when you were giving post match interviews. :nerd_face:

8 Likes

Actually I think that equals Rangers heaviest defeat in a competitive match. Old Rangers included.

While the VAR review for Harvey’s goal was going on Mo was hugging him and kissed him on the back of the head. Proper lovely to see. :nerd_face:

12 Likes

Gay.

2 Likes

From the BBC:

'Liverpool defender Virgin van Dijk on BT Sport: "It’s not a bad thing winning 7-1 here.

“From the outside everyone expected us to win but we take it a game at a time. We know we’re in a tough period.”’

He needs to score.

3 Likes

He’s always had that look after scoring. Just a humble guy, as evidenced by his reaction to being benched

1 Like

Yeah what I was referring to, I don’t generally think they are playing shit so we can rant about them in the post match thread.

1 Like

As a Glasgow-based red, I’m over the moon. A lot of Rangers fans giving it the big 'un. They were outclassed on and off the field.

Performance-wise, I’m slightly surprised by the Gomez rating. I thought he was a bit sloppy defensively, but industrious going forward. Konate I was impressed by. And Bobby Firmino has solidified his place as my favourite Liverpool player bar none.

3 Likes

3 Likes

McGregor over Alisson and fucking Morelos up front :joy:

1 Like

Sadly I’m doubting whether that was real.

1 Like

1 more point to qualify , salah and nunez scored , and hopefully no injuries are the positives on the other hand again we were one goal down being caught napping , VVD form is worrying and rangers could have scored another 2 but Konate by luck and good positioning managed to block .
yes we have injuries and decisions going against us but there is clear issues with intensity and collective/individual defending

Savour nights like this guys and gals, magic stuff.

6 Likes

Lack of brain cells.

1. Elliott
  2. Bobby
  3. Carvalho

Mo terribly unlucky in my motm to miss out with his party-time hattrick. The interplay between Fabio and Nunez is just what the doctor ordered on that left hand side. The communication between forwards has really been lacking this season so it was refreshing to see those two youngsters working well together. Bobby was the glue that kept the forward line together when the game was in the balance. Gomez with one of his sublime assists again. But Elliott was on another level tonight and he really deserved that goal.

Goal scoring practice is something that’s necessary going into the City game. I hope we take what we have learnt from this match and apply it with extra intensity against a much better team on the weekend.

2 Likes

Yeah I can see the argument for Colak and our full backs have had a pants season but if you asked me to pick out three best players this season.

I’d go Alisson, Firmino and Diaz and yet he has ignored two of them, especially McGregor over Alisson, the difference between tonight and last week is we didn’t put it straight at him, he looked worse than me on some of those dives.

1 Like

Two quick things,

That Morelos who came on for Rangers looked like he should have been in a ‘Legends’ game the chubby chops. Also when Rangers scored the picture on my BT feed became jumpy like the stands at Ibrox was shaking? Even when they cut to the pitchside camera? A bit weird. :thinking::nerd_face:

4 Likes

You see, that’s the difference between you and me.

I’d have said “the fat fuck”.

3 Likes