Post match: Sheffield Utd v Liverpool (EPL 28/2/21 7.15pm)

My money is on @GermanRed beating him to it.

6 Likes

HaHa… Mine too :0)

1 Like

i thought both centre halves were ok. Not perfect by any means. Phillips being roasted on the outside and Kabak allowing runs behind but everything else I have no complaints about.

We certainly played a deeper line with them today

3 Likes

Will take that. Win our next 3 games at home v Chelsea, Fulham, Leipzig and things will be looking much rosier

What’s the deal…
German Red just won a game…
You open, based on?
Way to freak everyone out, after finally watching the team win again, man!!

3 Likes

been unable to post as i have been in class the last couple weeks. but have watched both games… loved curtis jones and gini. they played well… really really worried about Kabak, he has no positional sense whatsoever. He will get burnt easily against better players and i have a feeling he will be targeted more going forward…

positionally he is so unaware though… imagine going against chelsea attack and movement

Can’t see Chelsea booting the ball like that 90% of the time.

2 Likes

Does anyone know what the crack is with Jones wearing ice packs on both knees at the end of the game?

Yes!!!
We won.
Hard work that 1st half with Thiago and Gini not there. Got lost in some computer business for the 2nd half but what I saw was good hard work paying off. Gini got better when we wanted to controll and he was the 6 helped by Milner.
Jones my MOTM again.
I’ll take that for 30 odd minutes SU looked hard to breakdown then we started getting some freedom.
I thought Nat and Kubak did a good job considering with a lot of help from TAA.
I don’t care who the opposition is a win is a win and SU seem to know how to defend.

1 Like

Seems Klopp expects Fabinho and Becker to be back for Chelsea, also is hopeful on Jota, would suggest the appendicitis stuff is rubbish.

1 Like

Just pleased to get a win and, although not perfect by any means… a performance.

Not sure we were any better than we have been in the last few games, just that SUs block was a piece of piss to cut through

Curtis had a really good game though… not sure of the significance of those massive ice packs on his knees at full time though… hopefully nothing.

2 Likes

I think the intensity was there against Leicester and RBL and was their tonight, hopefully it’s a catalyst then again Moss not booking players after Five minutes helps

2 Likes

Good win but there are still some issues. Kobak is really poor.
Yes he is young and yes he is new to the league but he can’t seem to track anyone and they run right by him.
Adrians kicking was good today and he was very vocal but got lucky with their offside goal as in no mans land.
Other than than that I thought we played really well.

2 Likes

I thought Kabak was ok, not terrible and not great. He’s solid in the air and with Natt they eliminated the aerial threat SU were hoping to deploy with corners and other set pieces. Such a difference to be able to bring on Millie and Keita and to close out the game well. Compared with Ox and Divock that is a huge step forward for us, with Fabinho back soon and hopefully Jota too I’m hoping for a good win against Chelsea. But today was a good day and much needed.

6 Likes

Hardly watched us kick a ball since the Southampton travesty, was going to give this a miss as well but curiosity got the better of me so watched it to see how shite Kabak, Tiago and Bobby have been over the last 2 months.
I thought we played pretty well. Kabak didn’t impress me too much tbh, seemed to get caught the wrong side of his man a few times and Tiago started poorly but improved the longer it went on. Bobby was ok but really should have scored twice first half.
Curtis was really good throughout but Gini was his usual self, invisible until we had the lead then looked more up for it, disappointed in him tbh.
Hardly noticed Nat was playing so can only think that was a good thing, no drama so must have done what was needed without any fuss.
Got a few coming back so more confident going forward, Leicester picking up injuries, West Ham will fall away so top 4 still within reach. Musn’t lose to Chelsea on Thursday though.
Up the fucking Reds!!

3 Likes

A bit too much negativity on here. I thought we played quite well tonight and if we were more clinical in front of goal, it would’ve been a lot more convincing. It was the first time Kabak and Phillips have played a full game together, so it was never going to be perfect and both have very little Premier League experience. There was a lot to be positive about tonight and we’ve got a few players coming back from injury. So cheer up everyone, tomorrow will be a good day.

16 Likes

Oh yeh, I almost forgot. A shout out for Adrian, he did what he had to do and no fucking dramas!!

6 Likes

Can’t wait to see the back of these wankers. Anyone notice how often they went down clutching their heads to break up play and then seconds later they’re fine? Absolute shithouses.

4 Likes

It was nice to see us moving the ball forward quickly for a change. We tried to play those killer passes today, when they didn’t work we retreated, won the ball back and looked to exploit the spaces in behind quickly. More of the same please.

4 Likes