Post Match: Sparta Prague v Liverpool (EL 7/3/24 5.45pm)

Joe and VVD if fit.

It’s for another forum post.

1 Like

Yeah not sure Quansah can be played vs City.

I like the 5.45 kick-off.

Smashing win, whisky, dribbling before 9pm.

2 Likes

@cynicaloldgit babysitting for you? Or just another irresponsible day in the life?

1 Like

Can’t complain about the result. I did think we were really sloppy at times but Kelleher was on form again.

Nunez seems to have sussed the whole hitting the middle of the net thing.

If anyone finds out who was offside for the Salah goal send your answers on a postcard. The only thing I could think of was that Gakpo was interfering with play which, in fairness, is more than he has been doing for the last few games.

3 Likes

NEW

Posted at 19:4819:48

Post update

FT: Roma 4-0 Brighton

Romelu Lukaku has now scored seven goals in this season’s Europa League - no player has more goals.

Darwin says watch this space

3 Likes

Howling!

Nah. I draw the line at Australians.

1 Like

Yeah I was a bit hmm on that one.

Maybe Salah’s arm pit was offside :joy:

1 Like

Who do you think is bringing me my whisky?

1 Like

We’re winning the Europa League, aren’t we?

1 Like

Yeah, and I respect the opinions of @SBYM and Mubbsy, two obviously different people.

2 Likes

I’m gonna love lifting this trophy, let’s do it for our former No. 1 Fan, OGS, who failed at the final hurdle.

1 Like

Those who saw the game:

As for the game itself, I feel I have commented on that enough on the match thread. The opponent lacked lethality and sharpness. The game was very strange, the result even more and end result hides the truth of it (as in how they completely battered us in the first half but failed to score mostly thank to their inefficiency and our goalie-god Kelleher, but we just scored out of no almost where and went 3-0 up into the break). Second half we were dominant most of it. Very, very happy for the result and I think and hope that Nunez and Salah will get something important out of this game when we face City now all too soon.
The true negative impact on this game, was of course konate. We do need him. I cross my fingers for speedy recovery.

Beautiful game to watch in terms of entertainment. Maybe not beautiful to watch if you are a coach and looking at our midfield and defence in the first half, but it was certainly Heavy Metal and Rock n’ Roll and fun to watch despite, yeah. Second half was a very relaxing affair where I just sat and watched with a smile on my face and bantered with lovely forum people. And now I am drinking celbratory ale.

I think we can and probably even will, win this tournament :wink: That is my prediction anyway for those interested in the esoteric arts of scrying.

All the best to you all, wonderful fellow forum humans :slight_smile: :heart: :partying_face: :metal:

14 Likes

I think it’ll come down to the quality of the pitch

1 Like

We should all chip in and get Magnus some magic mushrooms one night. I’d imagine it would be quite entertaining.

8 Likes

That’s a result in itself

5 Likes

Only if he splits them with @cynicaloldgit

3 Likes

Sold!

2 Likes

I watched half to be fair….hence why I missed Nunez and Kelleher do anything :wink:

1 Like