Post Match: Sparta Prague v Liverpool (EL 7/3/24 5.45pm)

The commentators were suggesting that Nunez went off injured. I’m sure he only pulled him at that point because of the only break the game three times thing.

4 Likes

Luckily I watched it in Spanish and didn’t hear that. So I’m calm.

1 Like

The commentators seemed to be suggesting everyone who went off was injured.

I don’t think they quite understood the idea of rotation.

2 Likes

The sloppiness came from the game having no intensity for me.

1 Like

First half was largely a shitshow with laughable defending on our part. Second half we got some measure of control and killed the tie off.

Nunez’s finishing for the second goal was fantastic. Things are starting to click for him, which means that it’s time for the rest of the league to start bricking it.

Hopefully, we haven’t lost a couple of defenders 2 days before facing the human rights-abusing, cheating scum?

2 Likes

It feeds the narrative.

I think we pretty much crushed their spirit after the first half and so the second became a walk in the proverbial park for us. Which is honestly not strange considering the bonkers first half. You have to have a pretty damn strong psyche to not be affected going into the break 3 down after having played so very, very well.

For us, it was wonderful though.

3 Likes

Nice!

1 Like

James Pearce seems only to mentioning Konate.

1 Like

I thought they sounded good on Flashscore and the Liverpool site.

1 Like

Quansah and van Dijk. Gomez has only played at CB when we have no other options. Playing him at CB above Quansah would just smack of fear.

2 Likes

Is that good or bad!

I would have thought Gomez coming off was pre-planned, with the number of minutes he’s put in in recent weeks?

3 Likes

Well commentators saying Nunez and Gomez did as well.

I refuse to listen to anyone except @SBYM

I fucking love this paragraph.

6 Likes

Be interesting who plays next week.

They just fancied denying him a goal absolute disgrace that decision as for Ibou according to Klopp in the post match interview it was his decision to take himself off presumably to save himself for Sunday?

2 Likes

I’m not sure. He was chasing back and definitely slowed like a pulled hamstring.

1 Like

:point_up_2:t2:

6 Likes