Post match: UCL Atletico Madrid v Liverpool (UCL 19/10/2021 8pm)

My lucky hankie and crossed fingers haven’t been used that much in a long time.

I’d just like to echo (paraphrase) @Icedagger and @wyld.at.hrt and say take that you cheating scumbags. ‘Cheating scumbags’ summed up in the last seconds when Fab was fouled. He 2qs straight up and wanting to get on with it. The Atleti players were down for minutes.

Feck off Madrid.

COYR YNWA :nerd_face:

8 Likes

What a bunch of cheats and the manager lacking class by running down the tunnel at the end. So glad we got the win, we started well and scored two but then got sucked in and the game went from end to end but they on top for half the first half, the sending off was correct and we sort of controlled the rest of the game but they still looked dangerous on a couple of occasions. So happy we beat them and a draw next game sees us through. Onwards and upwards.

6 Likes

My favourite moment of the match was Oblak trying to scuff up the Penalty spot, but the referee standing in front of it and sending him back to the goal line like a naughty boy.

9 Likes

I was just hoping, wishing, believeing we would beat those horrible disgusting cunts. Anyone who likes watching that sort of crap (particularly Trippier) must be nuts. What a horrible bunch of cunts.
We won, which is great but didn’t we make it hard for ourselves … and is Keita injured again?

Talking points their 2 goals, 2 times Kieta gets beaten and 2 times there’s no cover, what the fuck is that?
Both times Keita gets beaten fair and square.
1st was at a corner that they took short, Keita goes out to defend it but no-one else anywhere close. That’s complete defensive suicide, some one has to be behind Kieta there.
Second time Kieta goes for the tackle, misses both Matip and Trent are well placed imo at that instant, I thought Hendo was too central however Salah or Firmino could have been there as well. We don’t protect our right wing very well.
Keita gets beaten too easily in both cases imo and in the second instance when he goes for the tackle he should also be prepared to take the yellow. Anyway he got hooked at 1/2 time so he is either injured or it was all deemed his fault (which would be harsh imo for me it’s our tactics in those instances.

Matip was a yoyo excellent one minute dope the next. Playing Felix? onside for the great Alisson save was really dopey.

5 Likes

When they draw or lose again.

COYR YNWA :nerd_face:

3 Likes

Great result, not a great performance but who cares. Alisson was fantastic, easily our MOTM.

Have to say I was really impressed with De Paul tonight, thought he was the best player on the pitch. There are some really quality players on the ball in that team, makes you wonder what a more expansive coach could achieve with them.

3 Likes

Longest unbeaten run since 1989 and we did first half of that with 2 kids at centre back. Write us off at your peril. We r going for fucking everything this year friends. What a time to be alive. What a fucking team. Love it​:fire::fire::fire::fire::crazy_face::crazy_face::crazy_face::crazy_face::crazy_face::raised_hands:t2::raised_hands:t2::raised_hands:t2::raised_hands:t2:

3 Likes

Umm I’m still kind of reeling after that.

Talk about having everything thrown at you; kitchen sink, buses, Chuck Norris wannabe’s, crowd interference, coach interference, maybe even some witchcraft

Kind of feeling like we got away with that one, more that just a little bit. No argument had the penalty been given and I have some sympathy on the sending off too, but it was high and too the head.

2 Likes

My thoughts on Keita are bizarre when looking at the MotM poll. Stunner of a goal, yet unquestionably needed to come off at the half.

3 Likes

FIFY

5 Likes

The defence will gel again.

At times all over the place like a mad woman’s shit, but they haven’t suddenly all forgotten how to football.

4 Likes

Crouch and Lescott both in agreement and arguing with Peter Walton saying that Atletico 1st goal should have been given as offside

8 Likes

I wonder if the ref had all the shithousery, constant whining, Simonne being a dick etc was in the back of his mind when he went to the monitor. With those thoughts he decided, actually, not really much of a challenge after all so no pen?

Think we were very lucky as 99/100 that would be given. I was so upset for them.

Nah, actually laughed my socks off!!

1 Like

I think the ref was very strong. He seemed to buy a couple of really soft ones shortly after the Madrid sending off (Milly was never yellow), but that only lasted a few minutes, other than that I think he did well on the whole. He had a massive pair of bollocks to overturn the penalty in that stadium, with that crowd and Slimeball Simone next to him.

16 Likes

It’s a similar thing to the goal that Liverpool got last time around vs Watford. If that wasn’t an offside, neither is this.

3 Likes

A poor match from us with a great result

3 Likes

onto the next!!

Another 3 goals away from home. :grinning:

3 Likes

He was saved by the VAR

1 Like

Hopefully we put Atletico to bed when they visit and they don’t end up qualifying further.

4 Likes