Post match: UCL Atletico Madrid v Liverpool (UCL 19/10/2021 8pm)

They can do their shithousery in the Europa league for all that… and probably face up against the manures there

3 Likes

Alisson > Oblak

13 Likes

I thought he was good, we know he can not defend (despite many trying to convince themselves of the contrary) which just begs the question why don’t we get cover in place when he’s involved defensively.
That’s why I ask if he’s injured again?
Or where his 2 defensive ‘errors’ deemed his fault? (which I find strange if so as tactically it wasn’t him, at this level you should be expecting midfielders to get beat/skinned like he was).

1 Like

I found him weak during the whole game, and it would have been a scandal if that penalty had stood. It was a clear dive, and I was stunned that the player didn’t get a yellow for his theatrics. But fair enough, at least the ref was man enough to correct his mistake. Not sure that would have happened in the PL.

3 Likes

Post game show here in the States getting me hot!

All these fake peeps claiming to be Liverpool fan talking sh1t about how Atleti was hard done by…

Unfvckingbelievable!

3 Likes

There were other times in the match when the referee gave soft decisions in Atletico’s favor and didn’t give us free kicks when Mane got manhandled.

3 Likes

Klopp said Simeone was angry with the world. Ha haha ha ha haha.

3 Likes

Honestly didn’t think we’d be sitting on nine points at this stage.

Let’s beat Atletico and rest our stars for the rest of the group stage.

3 Likes

fair play to jurgen not making a big deal about the handshake, fair play…

8 Likes

I think I’ll be even happier if we haven’t had any injuries after that. First 15 looked a little mad and it didn’t get much better.

ooh yes. Nice little cameo from Ox I thought. A couple of errors but generally kept the ball moving etc.

3 Likes

And Milan with zero.

I admire the class how he manages to take off any controversy from this incident. He just says it how it is. This man is worth his weight in gold.

6 Likes

I feel the same - a great goal doesn’t make up for a shit performance. Then again - his performance wasn’t that shit - doesn’t matter that Macca doesn’t rate him and everybody went along with the narrative in the end.

For a lad with that little playing time he was ok in a pressure cooker like that over all , but Klopp clearly wanted more stability in DM for the second because the team was just not balanced enough for AM’s approach.

Hope he finds his tackling skills again - he used to be very good defensively at RBL back then.

4 Likes

The levels of shithousery reached height(depths) that are rarely achieved outside of Old Trafford or Stamford Bridge… Was painful to watch. I’m obviously glad we won but am more happy with us not wilting and being bullied into capitulating.

p.s. Simeone to Newcastle?

7 Likes

Particularly satisfying to beat such a bogey team.

They’re a very talented side, but the way they screamed their heads off at the ref all game wasn’t particularly endearing.

If I was Klopp I’d have wound them up in the same way Simeone did, but he’s got more class.

4 Likes

He’s not managed to learn English yet, has he? What makes you think he’d take up Geordie?

5 Likes

Perfect result. Their shitehousery eventually cost them. When they play football they can be devastating.

We made mistakes but their ground and their fans are intimidating as fuck. We can’t claim Anfield can make players make mistakes then not accept that it can happen at our players in atmospheres like that.

They made the biggest mistakes on the night and deserved the loss.

We can seal this group by giving them the spanking they deserve in a couple of weeks. I was at the last game before covid lockdowns in March last year. Hoping to go again and see us trash them. Bunch of cunts.

14 Likes

8 away games in a row now we’ve scored at least 3 goals in (including our victory at Burnley last season). 9 out of the last 10 which includes our 4-2 victory at the toilet, the only game in that run we haven’t done it in was at WBA.

6 Likes

It’s arguable that Lemar interferes with play by preventing Matip getting to the ball, although Matip hardly busts a gut to get to it. Although, obviously if Lemar isn’t there, Matip hooks that away.

Quite similar to the Bobby one on Saturday. If Mo isn’t there the crucial challenge does need to be made.

Peter Woolton thinks it should stand, but he can fuck off.

A couple of other thoughts on the officiating.

What a pair of bollocks on the referee to not only sent off Griezeman but also rule out the pen in that atmosphere, with the Madrid coach, who I suspect may have rabies, snarling at him

Absolutely delicious that the Madrid lad who goes down for the Pen would have probably got it if he hadn’t double pirouetted in mid-air trying to make sure he got it.

9 Likes

Anything for a big payday. He got the title in Spain. A possible CL aside it will be all downhill there from now on.

2 Likes