Post match: WBA v Liverpool (EPL 16/05/21 16:30)

Never seen a more one sided mom poll. :laughing: I feel sorry for him this season as he hasn’t had a defense in front of him the whole season. What a keeper we have! We are still alive.

6 Likes

I feel sorry for Thiago and Trent. They were class but they are getting fucked in this vote!!!

4 Likes

Lucky, lucky win.

WBA were ready for a fight and wanted to hurt our hopes of finishing in top 4. I expect absolutely the same from Burnley and Palace.

Several palyers deserve a huge praise:

Alisson /not only for the goal, but he had a vital save in the last part of the match/;

TAA - improved massively after the problems he had at the start of the season;

Tiago - I am not his biggest fan, but you can not deny that he was our best midfielder for the last 8 days /vs. Southampton, Manure and WBA/;

Salah - our only forward that can score goals regularly and inspite of our poor season he has been fantastic.

Yet several players were really poor today:

Both central defenders were shaky and made cheap mistakes. Philips the main culprit. He was at fault for their first goal and not so convincing in the air too.

Fabinho - a very, very poor game for his standards. Committed too many stupid fouls, his passing was too safe and let Tiago do most of the job offensively. The problem is that Fab was shit defensively too.

Mane and Firmino - showed desire, pressed and tried to do the right things, but still did not score. And both of them had at least one clear cut chance. They must start to deliver.

Shaq - time to say goodbye to the lad. Today he did absolutely nothing for 40 minutes on the pitch and when he fell on his ass /late in the match/ I remembered the words of a German football expert 7 or 8 years ago. He said that Shaq has all the football qualities to be a top player, but he lacks the desire to make the last tiny step from being very good to being world class /a psychological barrier/.

We have a huge list of injured players - VvD, Gomez, Matip, Kabak,Davies, Milner, Henderson, Keita, AOC, Jota. Add Kelleher and we will have a solid starting line up.

Still two consecutive wins after we were on the losing side after the first 15 minutes of our matches is good for the moral of the players. But we need to be much more concentrated at the start of our matches. And players such as Fabinho, Mane, Firmino, Gini need to step up.

Burnley away will be another tough game. They play the same way as WBA, but are a better team and will have 10 000 fans who will push them from the 1st minute.

Hopefully we will have Milner back and the players will show a much, much better display than what we witnessed today.

3 Likes

Imagine that happening at Anfield and the 94th minute winner from Alisson I would probably hear the roar here in London.

5 Likes

Alisson could have had the shittest game in his career, and would still be MOTM with such and important last minute goal, first goalkeeper in the history of LIverpool to score.

The team played well, yet some players screwed up when they shouldn’t have, just by not doing the simple things. E.g. Trents ball to Mo on the break. That ball should have sent though much earlier and it would have been a Mo one on one with the keeper, I was screaming at Trent. Mo was already ahead of their defender (onside) and would have smoked him for pace. Trent did have a good game thou.

I would under normal circumstances given the MOTM to Thiago, he was incredible. So many inconceivable passes.

Wow, still in own own hands, thanks to, as Alisson said, “Gods hands on his head” (paraphrase).

I think we got lucky on the VAR, not sure, and maybe lucky on the dropped ball, but don’t care because we had so much to do after that quickly taken free kick, and the Ref was unbelievably useless, barely gave us anything. Mo, amazing finish, another season with 20+ goals (4th)? How can we think of selling him for a PL unproven superstar player?

Two more wins, preferably with some goal difference padding on the midweek game, just for insurance. I can now watch Tuesday game in a much more relaxing state. Any win on Wednesday takes us 4th, but a LC / C draw puts us 4th with a legitimate shot at 3rd. At the end of the day I don’t care as long as Liverpool win the next game.

1 Like

Pre match thread for next game

Adrian
TAA Phillips Williams Robbo
Thiago Fabinho Gini
Salah Firmino
Alisson

3 Likes

Robbo interview

Thiago interview

2 Likes

20 Likes

Just watched the game after a really, really tough day.

Fuck me. I needed that. Not just the win, not just the last minute goal. I needed that.

My dad made the mistake of showing me the live table on 70’, forgetting we were watching it late, so I knew we’d. Felt like it was a bit of an anticlimax, but Christ it really wasn’t.

5 Likes

Mane, Bobby, Trent, and Wijnaldum; fuck me, we make things difficult for us :rofl:

Thank fuck for that.

Had to walk off from the TV and listen to it on Radio Merseyside, I was getting so sick of Tyler and Carragher and their constant digs at us.

Tyler was a disgrace, suggesting we were getting favourable refereeing from Merseysider Dean.

Everything that went our way commented on, nothing that went against us.

Perhaps they’ll ask why so many refs are from Greater Manchester then look at who the top two are.

No didn’t think so.

Anyway good on you Becker, really pleased for you and all the boys.

5 Likes

https://youtu.be/9EOk9bHoXaY

4 Likes

A 20ft high minature of that needs to be airlifted to Fat Sam’s home and erected in his garden

3 Likes

Just do what I do, mute the sound, turn the fuckers off.

7 Likes

About the disallowed goal of west brom:

17 Likes

Exactly right, you can’t stand in front of a keeper like that without being offside. So Sam can go fuck himself!

12 Likes

Need to start a lot better, these teams drop off completely if you start quick, scored a second against them in December in that first half and they wouldn’t have bothered.

He did it against Palace when he managed Sunderland soaked it up and then sent the quick guy on with 20 mins to go ended up 2-0

1 Like

Honestly, there is no way I could have watched that to the end on dvr if I didn’t know the result, would have given up and looked at the score sometime in the 2nd half. Watching live was so frustrating- but so worth it in the end.

2 Likes

Liverpool Football Club “Nobody said it was easy”

5 Likes

And just to round the weekend off, the blueshite lost to Sheffield Utd. Are they trying to avoid the Europa Conference?

7 Likes