Post Match: Wolves v Liverpool (EPL 13/3/21 8pm)

A piece of piss.

7 Likes

Stopped really caring about the result, during the 15 minutes the game was stopped for the injury.

Must have been a terrible one for Sky not to show replays or even Patricio being treated.

Completely overshadows the game.

5 Likes

Clean sheet and 3 points, what more do you want?

2 Likes

Hope the Rui Patricio is alright, the poor guy. Get well soon. :pray:t3:

9 Likes

Nah; it’s just typical 21st Century softness.

Fucking snowflake generation.

8 Likes

Shite game, shite performance, result is all that matters…not sure about that. Kabak, Philips, TAA and Fabinho the best of our lot, Ox made a difference.
The rest were poor.

3 Likes

Kabak played well, too sloppy at times but when we passed with pace we were dangerous, end of the day I’ll take 3 points to sign off on for 3 weeks

4 Likes

Gritty win by the boys, to be honest both side could’ve won it. We had plenty of chances to finish them off, aside from Jota’s goal, we were really wasteful in our opportunities. However, I would prefer this group of three forwards then Bobby coming back. I find Jota’s presence creates more room for Mane and Mo.
The backline was solid today, especially Kabak, if he keeps up this kind of performance, he’s a for sure buy for next season. I think he’s more settle now and more assure with positioning and how to use the ball when it’s at his feet.
So happy the team won before the 3 weeks off, now they can rest up physically and mentally and make a final push for top 4 and champions league.

See you all 3 weeks😆

YNWA

7 Likes

0-1. Take that all day.

Needed a win, however it came. Wolves came out to play, and the only difference was the Jota shot, which was taken early and to the near post, which caught out Patricio. Speaking of Rui, hope all the best with the injury.

CB pairing gaining an understanding and will gain a lot more confidence with clean sheet. A bit of a break till the next match, so a win was a must.

5 Likes

Doesn’t matter how but we won…

Hope Rui is ok.

3 Likes

Clean sheet.
Solid defending by Kabak and Phillips.
Jota looking sharp after his injury.
Mane played his best game for a while.

Much needed 3 points, anything less and top 4 was gone. Not a great performance but I never thought Wolves would score.
Kabak, Robbo and Jota MOTM for me.

12 Likes

Well, that settles it. ISMF in top Run-in form as usual, please start the Arsenal game too (that’s what’s next, right?)

Although the approach of the game is not healthy for the heart, I liked what I saw, bit deeper, making sure we don’t concede, and then take at least one chance. Should have taken more, but the goal was textbook Liverpool, an excellent combination with all front three involved.
Nat again my MOTM, with a Kabal next to him that is better every game! Nat excellent and reliable, but also his aerial presence all over the pitch makes such a difference-even offensively (led to the 3v3 that led to the goal).
Fabinho a close second, makes such a difference with him at Defensive Midfield.

Jota with the finish, just what we need, probably the difference whether we’ll score or not, whether it’s him the one scoring, or enabling Mane or Salah to score.
Thiago will still need time to learn this league. That’s ok. He will be invaluable for our champions league run this season, and with a good pre-season and this seasons’ experience, I’m positive he’ll be great next season, when there’s hopefully a proper challenge again. For that to happen, he does need the games, so we may as well play him (and sub like today when necessary).

Great to head into the break with two wins, one in the CL and one in the EPL, and with two clean sheets. Team can hopefully sort a few things out, get a few players back, and front three and fullbacks can hopefully find their goals and assists wherever they had left them.

8 Likes

Thank God, he seems okay.

6 Likes

Apparently he is fine and has spoken with his manager. He says he remembers the incident.

4 Likes

I saw the replay and it didn’t seem too bad. I think them not wanting to show replays would have made lots of people curious and go search one out online. Hope he’s okay…

3 Likes

Can I just Moutinho should have been booked 4 times for play acting by the way.

11 Likes

Good signs, but he’s not out of the woods yet.

Concussion can take 24hrs so whilst it is great news of him looking to be ok so far, things can change pretty quick still.

2 Likes

Perhaps we were a bit too soon judging Kabak and saying he is not good enough, though he played well against Leipzig and tonight too, MotM for me.

6 Likes

Kabak and Phillips complimented each other very well tonight, looked solid and looked like there’s an understanding developing. TAA was very solid defensively, won the majority of his 1v1s. Good to see the wide men and midfielders helping the full backs to stop crosses into the box.

Ox did well when he came on, sharp and had some nice touches. Mane still off the flow of the game, what was he doing there at the end!

5 Likes

tough one when a player gets injured like that…good three points… get well Patricio

3 Likes