Post Match: Wolves v Liverpool (EPL 13/3/21 8pm)

Was going say Ox was really at them, good to see, probably the best idea will be further up.

Anyone noticed Jones had his training top off and ready to go, did Klopp make an error and think it was 5 subs

3 Likes

me thinks conor coady fancies himself an MMA fighter eh? excellent knee to the head when you man in down, #killerinsticnt

1 Like

I was very pleased by that. We showed grit. A clean sheet is always welcome. Kabak and Philipps growing as a partnership, Fabinho in front of them adds authority to that midfield. That little triangle might just give us a bit of a platform to have a run at top four.

Far too many stupid results have made it an uphill task, but all of a sudden, five points back with nine games to play, and you never know.

A win is a win is a win. Mind you, still wasteful up top, and that could easily have cost us. Thankfully it didn’t. Hopefully as many of our players as possible will get some rest now, then when it all resumes again we will see if we can go on a run, and we will also know our CL opponent.

Game on.

6 Likes

Wolves used their concussion sub so we could also then make an extra change which, as it turns out, never materialised.

5 Likes

Ah right, wasn’t aware a concussion sub created an extra sub for both teams.

3 Likes
2 Likes

Look out top 4, here we come.

3 Likes

Maybe just maybe this is the first shoots of a Spring revival of a league form and fortunes.

It would be great if we could build on this and look to pressure the top 4, and then of course hope that one or two of them start to falter. I always live in hope.

Kabak and Phillips good and solid for me again this evening. TAA did ok too I thought. For me while Fabinho did his usual mopping up Thiago and Gini didn’t really get hold of the game.

They were my basic thoughts as I was trying to watch, listen, put the little one to bed and work at the same time.

4 Likes

Sheff U., Chelsea and again tonight… Mane refused to fall over and get the penalty on offer.
He has clearly decided he doesn’t want to gift Salah penalty goals.
Rivalry isn’t always good for the team. If Klopp can’t tell Mane to stop pissing about then perhaps he should let Mane take any penalties he wins.

To be honest knowing refs against us, would we get a penalty?

4 Likes

Now you’re just being silly.

Mane is not a Harry “can do no wrong” Kane. In that incident, Sadio’s first touch let him down, as he didn’t knock it a couple yards further, which would’ve allowed him to skip on to the ball after it passed the keeper.

Kane and Bruno would’ve timed their fall to perfection when Rui put his hand there. Sadio if he tried to go down, would’ve delayed it by half a second then get all the accusations of being a diver.

In other words, Mane has not learned the art of a dive a la Bruno.

7 Likes

Fabinho, Phillips, Kabak, Trent and Robbbo all very good.

Gini was a passenger but did more than Kieta.

Ox did more in 15 mins that Gini and Kieta did combined.

Mane off the boil, Salah busy but wasteful.

Main thing was 3 points.

Well done boys. Stop the players from going in international duty now and we’ll be ok.

Rest up boys

2 Likes

3 points and a clean sheet and most importantly no injuries in our end. Hope Rui will be ok.
Now on to some needed time off for some of our non international players.

2 Likes

Re: Sky coverage - I think Henry is a very good pundit and hope him well as a coach.

Speaks a lot of sense and seems humble for somebody who, let’s face it was a Football God

4 Likes

A good result but not a good performance. Plenty of positives though. I like the way Kabak and Phillips are starting to gel, 2 clean sheets on the bounce is certainly good news. It’s also great to have Jota back, we’ve clearly missed him.

The clash between Patricio and Coady looked nasty. Hopefully initial signs are right and it’s nothing serious.

3 Likes

Think the exact opposite. Can’t stand listening to him. Don’t think he’s humble at all!

To date his coaching career has been disastrous.

1 Like

I tend to view new players differently than fans do. Not everyone is going to hit the ground running and if we’re willing to think longer term, rather than simply from the perspective of does he deserve his place in the side right now, I look for moments where he shows quality…isolated things that help you understand why he’d been earmarked and might be a foundation on which to build. I hadn’t even seen any of those from Kabak in his performances up until now. I did tonight.

4 Likes

Is Fabinho his first name?

1 Like

Until he tarnished his legacy with THAT handball.

8 Likes

Amen to that

2 Likes