Pre and In Match | Fulham vs. Liverpool | PL Matchday 01 | Saturday August 6th 12:30h | Craven Cottage

What injury does he have?

Hamstring. Although given his new contract maybe he has a really bad hangover?

1 Like

Jones is out for 1 to 2 weeks. It feels like we are starting to lose players by the day and it’s getting worrisome. Not for Fulham per se but for the campaign as a whole.

Somehow I have the impression that the shortened preseason after playing the maximum number of games last year hasn’t helped.

1 Like

Yeah those can be nasty and take time to heal. Ox got one too

Short term in this period is fine.

Jones was already out. This is just confirmation of the duration

4 Likes

Sounds like we’re not gonna have much of a bench

All our big boys including Becker were in training today. :+1:

6 Likes

Biggest injury issue we have to be fair… looks like we will have him on Saturday (fingers crossed).

1 Like

I think we’ll have plenty of depth on the bench;

Assuming the starting XI is - Ali, Trent, Matip, Virgil, Robbo, Hendo, Fab, Thiago, Diaz, Bobby, Salah

So bench could be - Adrian, Milner, Gomez, Philips, Naby, Carvallho, Elliot, Darwin, a couple of kids.

Naby was ill, so suspect he’s okay now.

Missing - Kostas, Ibou (might be back?!), Ox, Jones, Ramsay, Kelleher, Jota.

1 Like

Didn’t he suffer a serious injury recently?

1 Like

Yep - Hamstring.

Naby is out last I heard

So the usual suspects in midfield are injured before we have played even a minute in the league - Jones /2-4 weeks, probably four/, AOC /2-3 months/, Keita /illness/. We are missing only Thiago from that list… Hendo and Millie are also not getting younger.

Jota will be out till September /hopefully not the whole month/, Ramsay is injured from day 1 at the club, Tsimikas is also injured. Short preseason, a lot of football to be played during the campaign in a very short period of time /because of that stupid winer World cup/.

I really don’t undrestand why the club did not sign a proper midfielder this summer. Hopefully Klopp’s faith in Jones and Keita won’t lead to the same outcome as in 2020 when we sold Lovren, decided to continue with 3 defenders plus Fabinho and we know what happened.

And this year Arsenal, Spurs and Chelsea have improve, show ambition and sign good palyers and top 4 won’t be that easy with the amount of injuries we will experience. As I said we still haven’t played a PL or cup match and very soon we will have to play Wednesday-Saturday-Wednasday or something like that.

Still it is not too late to improve the squad.

1 Like

The club have only said illness. Nothing official or even from the journalists has said anything different.

The way Klopp said it last week it suggested he would be back this weekend.

Fact he isn’t training probably suggests he won’t be but it’s not a serious one. Possibly Covid? That kind of timeframe would put you out on the Sunday but return for the following Saturday. But you would also miss training today.

Guess we find out tomorrow. Kind of forget Carvalho in this and his ability to play as an attacker, after all it’s against his old club and he was their best player.

2 Likes

For fuck’s sake, regardless of the few injuries we have right now, we should have more than enough to hammer this shower of fucking shite this Saturday lunchtime. Absolutely no need to moan or worry about The likes of Jones/Ox/Tsimi/Jota right now.

14 Likes

https://youtu.be/-mCxPP8dAVU

The club tried and couldnt get the man they wanted. The club have shown time and time again that they wait for the right players.

Im relaxed about our depth. We may well still bring someone in, but if we dont its no season ender.

4 Likes

We have Hendo, Thiago, Fabinho, Milner, Jones, Keita, Carvalho, and Elliott. That’s 8 players for 3 positions on the pitch. By all accounts, we’re going to focus on the midfield next Summer, with Bellingham top of our list as the eventual B2B replacement for Henderson. I think we’ll be fine this season, tbh.

6 Likes

Ah a few injures and the FSGout crew cry sign all the players, top 4 is at risk…

Laughable, we are winning the league. With this squad…

2 Likes