Pre and In Match: Liverpool v. Brentford, 1630 UTC+1, Sunday 25th August 2024

It just changes when and where the drivel appears. If it’s not here, it’s in the post-match thread, or some rumours thread.

2 Likes

Maybe we should have a dedicated drivel thread.

1 Like

Knowing how things go, that would probably be the only thread where serious things get discussed.

3 Likes

Match Officials:

Referee: Stuart Attwell.
Assistants: Simon Bennett, Dan Robathan.
Fourth official: Michael Salisbury.
VAR: Michael Oliver.
Assistant VAR: Mat Wilkes.

I’m just trying to remember who screwed us over and how. I suspect Attwell as ref and Oliver as VAR is probably preferable to the other way round.

Oliver thinks hes gods gift the refereeing…he will re-referee the game watch.

2 Likes

I think he has a rather abrasive personality. I’m never quite sure why he is so highly rated. I’d rather that he was away from the pitch if anything.

1 Like

Oliver was ref and Attwell VAR when Doku assaulted Mac in the penalty area. A decision that was worth 6 points against City

4 Likes

All of the guys who officiated us in 2 or more games.

& by being stuck up incompetent cunts.

It’s

Alright_Not_A_Legend

Grammar , Punctuation , Vocabulary.

@cynicaloldgit would be very disappointed at the incorrect usage of the above.

2 Likes

Well, 4 points, certainly.

The other Oliver decision that I found bizarre from last season was when Dalot was sent off against us. It didn’t change the match but it was two yellows in 10 seconds for dissent. Unless he had told him to fuck off after the first it seems a very strange bit of man management. I just think it’s his personality - control freak or whatever.

1 Like

I’m sure that Arne and his team will know the personnel, formation and tactics to see us through this game. COYR YNWA :+1: :nerd_face:

12 Likes

I can never remember Oliver being on VAR.

Wasn’t Atwell on VAR last week for us.

2 Likes

What a wonderful post! Good on yer Cdo! :+1:t4::+1:t4::+1:t4:

2 Likes

And yet he doesn’t respond to any of my triggers…

1 Like

Made me smile as usual.

Be interesting to see who starts this, based on the unreliable rumors thread sounds like we don’t have any players.

But now after all the late summer arrivals have likely gotten up to speed, it will be interesting to see the preferred starting XI

I am going

Ali
Trent Quansah Virgil Robbo
Grav Mac
Dom
Salah Nunez Diaz

Jota the unfortunate one to miss out and likely a bit harsh.

Can’t see any reason to drop DJ unless he’s not 100% fit

2 Likes

I expect Darwin vs Jota will be an interesting debate all season… Mo and Lucho are clear first choice, Gakpo utilitly backup across the front line, but who of Darwin or Jota is really going to be considered first choice seems very uncertain to me.

No reason why we can’t find a place for both in the XI…maybe not regularly, but at certain periods in the season.

2 Likes

Funny. I kind of met him around 2012 or so when he was sitting at the end of the bar by himself in our local Irish pub. As soon as I sat down my buddy behind the bar made a point of telling me not to bother him as apparently he’d already had a rather sharp encounter with another punter about not wanting to talk about “bloody football”. So i just bought him a drink through the barman and left him alone and he gave me a thankyou tip of the hat on his way out.

As for the game, the big questions are Ibou vs Quansah, and whether Nunez or Elliott will get a chance after missing out. Other than I dont expect to see much different than we did against Fulham (meaning Joe and Baj missing out again)

2 Likes