Pre and In Match: Liverpool v. Brentford, 1630 UTC+1, Sunday 25th August 2024

I have an 8pm flight from John Lennon Airport.

What are my options? I am going with a taxi but where should I get it to reduce my traffic.

Or should I be leaving this game earlier….

1 Like

I think you’re cutting it very tight.By the time you get out of the stadium it’ll be 6.30.A pre arranged taxi in a convienent location(check with taxi driver) should have you at the airport within 35/40 mins, where it has rarely taken me more than 15/20 mins to get up to and through security if you are already checked in,so at your gate by half 7.

Good luck

Jota starts for me again.

In fact there isn’t really any case to change anyone bar Konate and Quansah.

Jota did everything right on that header he missed so I don’t see why so many jumped on it.

Sometimes chances don’t go in. When your hitting it straight at the keeper in those positions, that’s when you have to be critical.

2 Likes

Pray your flight’s delayed.

4 Likes

Nunez would have buried that header…

… then missed the open net tap in that Jota scored.

If it’s EasyJet that’s guaranteed for the evening flight

Lets be honest Nunez would have missed both

2 Likes

Nunez would have missed both on current form.

1 Like

Carvalho probably starts

We all know how that story goes :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Carvalho to score first, causing a meltdown across all social media, followed by a van den Berg goal from a corner, before Brentford go on to lose 10-2?

5 Likes

Bet your house on it.

It wouldn’t even take a Carvalho goal. All he has to do is get behind Trent once and TAN will go into full bedwetting mode.

7 Likes

Arne Slot press conference, 9:00 this morning:

Is this his revenge for the journalists talking about our early starts to training?

4 Likes

“It’s not about the individual, it’s always about what the team around them are doing for him (Grav) and enable him to play a good game, because if all the other 10 were to have played shit at Ipswich then I don’t think he’d have been able to play a good game”

Said it so casually, no apologies from anyone for the language :rofl: :rofl:

4 Likes

https://www.thisisanfield.com/2024/08/liverpool-fc-team-news-vs-brentford-injuries-and-available-squad-3/?

1 Like

Don’t take them for granted.

Start the game as in the second half last week.
Crisp passing.
Give the ball to Salah and he will do the rest.

I think we need to keep pace with Arsenal.
City will be docked points and its potentially a two horse race. Given the lack of signings etc, the signals might be about bedding in and achieving CL with a view on a longer term plan.
But we can dream.

Hopefully. But don’t hold your breath.

2 Likes

I am very hyped for this game. First game at Anfield with Arne. It’s going to be very interesting.
Previous away game was fairly promising, although the first half was very weak from Liverpool, but I found it very promising that Arne went out of his way to even tell the media that he was incredibly unhappy with that half. I like that. And the second half was significantly better, much too good for the Tractor Folk.

I have read a lot and seen videos of playing style (Arne), but he has a particular set of players and people here, so it’s unlikely to be exactly like what he is known for etc. But it will be very interesting first 12 games.

I have no ideas yet what to expect for the season, but I suppose, our club should aim for Top 4 and that it will be a bad season if we miss out on that but a fairly good one if we succeed at getting to the Champions League. Ideally, we should win at least 1 trophy as well, but if we otherwise play entertaining football and reach Top 4, I think people will be (most people) okay with a first season without a title. But then we need to play entertaining football and he needs to come across as a good man. If he doesn’t, he really needs titles…

2 Likes