Pre- and In- Match: Premier League / Norwich City Vs Liverpool / Sat 14th Aug / 1730 hrs

Alisson
Trent Matip Konate Tsimikas
Milner
Ox Keita
Salah Jota Mane

VVD is clearly short of match fitness and it’s also clear that Klopp will not risk him. Matip is not only ahead in terms of fitness, he has done well during preseason too. Fabinho only joined the preseason in its later stages. Also, due to the absence of Henderson it’s natural that Milner will lead the lads. While Elliott has done well during preseason, it’s natural that Klopp will rely on experienced Ox who also had a good preseason. Firmino, like Fabinho, joined preseason only in the later stages so Jota, who had a bit more time, is likely to be preferred.

3 Likes

I think Fabinho will start to be honest he is key in that midfield and you can to be honest rotate around him. I do agree with you on Matip mind, he was talked about being ahead and has started quite a bit now.

I’d expect him and Konate to play.

1 Like

Fabinho has to start. Any other midfield combination doesn’t offer enough protection to the back line. Matip also needs to play. We need to make the most of him while he’s available.

1 Like

Alisson
TAA Matip vDijk Tsimikas
Keita Fabinho Milner
Salah Jota Mane

Question mark at CB, although I think we might go with the experienced Matip & Virgil for this “mini league season” before the first international break. Probably Konate (showed he can play both RCB and LCB) next in line if we need a quick change.

We’ll see in midfield, probably one of Milner/Elliott/Ox starts there. Then it also depends who is RCM and who is LCM. Even more so now with Tsimi in at LB instead of Robbo. I prefer Keita at LCM, but we rarely saw Milner at RCM. Maybe we go Keita a little bit deeper and more reserved and give more freedom to Elliott at high RCM.

Up top, yeah, I think Jota just about starts ahead of Bobby.

Question; how many subs are available for this season? 12 again, or?

1 Like

Smash them. They’re shit.

16 Likes

Clubs will be allowed to have 9 subs on the bench this season,with only 3 to be used again.

That’s it. Norwich is doomed.

3 Likes

Oh, sorry, was it 9 in the league and 12 in Europe last season?

So it’s basically from the original 7 to 9 and 3 allowed and they plan to keep it as ‘normal’, post-this situation?

1 Like

Admit it, you never took statistics in college…

1 Like

I’m not 100% sure on the Champions League bench numbers,i think it’s still 12 but i know they are still allowing 5 player changes in the competition this season then UEFA will be looking at it again in 2022.

I’m pretty sure the rest of the European leagues will still take up this option again and yeah the Premiership has gone from 7 to 9 on the bench but will stupidly stick to 3 subs instead of 5 like the rest of Europe.

1 Like

Alisson

Trent Matip Konate Tsimikas

Fabinho
Ox , Henderson

Salah, Jota , Mane

1 Like

And there we have confirmation. We’re gonna win the fucking league!

3 Likes

Its Happening GIF by swerk

…now we need @Lowton_Red and (later on) @cynicaloldgit to chip in.

7 Likes

The team that will gain most from increasing the subs to 5 will be City … therefore I am all for keeping it to 3. It also punishes clubs that don’t have that quality to rotate. In fact any side playing against City will be at a disadvantage when you look at their bench.

We don’t need to hand them any additional advantage.

4 Likes

Just to add a bench to this,

Kelleher, Konate, Gomez, Milner, Thiago, Hendo, Elliot, Jota, Jones.

Fucking hell, that’s a strong twenty. And it doesn’t include Origi, Phillips, Davies, Either Williams, Shaqiri, Minamino or Adrian, and obviously Robbo is out.

People saying we don’t have the depth? Really?

8 Likes

But, but…our net spend this window is 5 million

I also don’t think VVD starts. Konate & Matip to kick off the new season CB partnership.

1 Like

I think Keita, Elliott and AOC should all start because they’ve played well in pre-season but mostly because they’re in my fantasy football team.

4 Likes

Alisson, Trent, Matip, Konate, Tsimikas, Milner, Fabinho, Keita, Salah, Jota, Mane.
1-3 Liverpool.