Pre and in Match Thread. Brentford vs Liverpool. EPL. Sat 25th Sept. 1730 hrs

Physical from Sadio

4 Likes

Wouldn’t say drop him completely.

It’s a big problem that opponents know that he takes all our freekicks.

Why does Trent keep taking free kicks? He’s crap.

3 Likes

He’s being given too much to do in midfield as Jones and Henderson are being caught out upfield when we lose the ball.

Hope Klopp changes it at half time as he already looks knackered.

1 Like

81% passing accuracy, that’s bad for our standard is it not?

1 Like

Not just Fabs, Virgil losing headers against players half his size, they just don’t seem at it.

Dear Sadio,

Do not kick anyone in the face today.

Yours faithfully,
TAN

8 Likes

dude rarely gets it over the wall or rarely hits the target

2 Likes

klopp will sort the midfield at the half

2 Likes

We will win this 3-1 or 4-1. Salah should have taken that free kick. Trent needs to put his head down. He seems too casual these days…

2 Likes

My two and a half year old told me off for cheering too loudly…hahahahaha

‘DON’T SAY THAT DADDY!’

1 Like

Here’s when it went good.

2 Likes

Because people are discussing Matip’s issues in the air, the stat is definitely not favourable for him - he’s lost five out of seven aerial duels in the first half.

Not all games will be a walk in the park. This is a good test actually before City. Just get the job done somehow, 3 points all that matter at the end. Hope they wear out as match progresses.

Might see Bobby at some point.

3 Likes

Brentford more than a match for us. Toney has won most of his headers against our CBs including VVD, and this is a feat in itself. We have to do better in the 2nd half. While we have a number of chances but Brentford looks dangerous everytime they break too. And yes my pre match 4-1 prediction is still on.

3 Likes

Brentford are fun to watch, but not against us, I do enjoy teams that come up that do give it a go, footballing wise.

On us, need to be more competent in the aerial challenge and and need to be switched on in transition from attack to defence and the defenders need to up their effort a couple of notches, looking at you Virg, finally we need to track players occasionally and not totally rely on the offside

Good game for the neutrals, but since we’re not neutrals it’s very unsatisfactory.

Feel we’ll go on to win it though.

4 Likes

Frenetic first half. You don`t get much time to make your mind up against this Brentford side. Hopefuly things will slow down a bit second half and we will have the edge on skill. It will be fantastic if we come away from this tough one with 3 points.

1 Like

Not the ideal first half but there is room for improvement. Fabinho looks off the pace, needs a kick in the backside.

1 Like

Can someone explain how 6 mins of delays ends up in 3 extra mins?

Oh and the Chelsea game-delay tactics of this supposedly footballing side wasted another 10 mins.

I can’t wait for Bobby time.

5 Likes