Pre and in Match Thread. Brentford vs Liverpool. EPL. Sat 25th Sept. 1730 hrs

Enjoyed that…what a game…only in the Premier League

2 Likes

Fucksake!

3 goals conceded from the same box overload tactic. That was an Achilles heal all night.

1 Like

Dreadful game management. Very poor boys. FB especially but the entire back 5 were disappointing. Big points dropped and city would expect to easily beat us after seeing that.

4 Likes

Embarrassing. No idea how Robbo didn’t get his ass subbed off, just horrible 80% of the game. Other than that, fucking dropped two points. Horrible defence, zero, zero, excuses.

2 Likes

good game for a neutral ffs

it is what it is, happens

5 Likes

they didnt have to try too hard… we were jus shit defensively and didnt put it away when we needed to

Not for me. No

We’ve been abysmal the entire game

1 Like

Not at all. No arguments from me.

1 Like

Robbo was very dreadful for this game…Did absolutely nothing defensive or offensively.

1 Like

All down to the CBs. Worst game I’ve seen from Matip and van Dijk, both looked timid and overawed. Both seemingly happy to stand and watch as the FBs were put in terrible situations with overloading players.

Still top though so not overly worried.

3 Likes

Wont blame Trent as he was 3 v 1 on both goals but for me we failed because, we didn’t stop crosses coming in and Mo’s miss cost us

19/20 we played same back 4 every game unless injured . Last season swapping back 4s conceded goals till we settled on a pair in last 10 games. This looked solid till we changed team 4 different back 4s in 4 games 5 goals conceded.

Andy and Trent were poor today and Fab in midfield has no recovery pace.

1 Like

Doubt Man City can take anything away from that game as an indicator of next week. They aren’t going to overload the back posts with both strikers and the winger.

To me that is the problem with Fab he lacks pace

1 Like

An unfortunate consequence of having two CBs who have just returned from serious injuries, another who struggles to play two games in a week and a young lad who’s barely had time to settle.

1 Like

Basic problem for us was that Brentford have a pretty bullish side that’s not shit at football, has played to their header advantage and clearly wanted to make that felt on corners and freekicks.
Did work for them since we couldn’t adapt to that.

19/20 we played with VVD-Gomez later on

Lost both focus and composure today.

Cost us two points.

Brentford earned the draw and we walked away with a point.

We go again.

YNWA

1 Like

Gobsmacked, lost a chance to be three up!