Pre and in Match Thread. Brentford vs Liverpool. EPL. Sat 25th Sept. 1730 hrs

I would argue that Matip is surprisingly good on recovery and very often (better than Gomez imo). I’m happy with the line up (and I realise you are as well just pointing out what I feel about Matip in general).

3 Likes

Quite possibly. Obviously Virg, but you can make a case for Gomez being better than Matip, going on where he was at pre injury… and in time, maybe Konate gets there too.

I’ve no problem with Matip getting the nod. After playing so much with niggly injuries, we took the time with him to get him right, and he does look very good. No complaints from me.

2 Likes

Where’s @Lowton_Red ?

Has Boudica finally had enough and locked him in the potting shed forever? Or worse? Maybe there weren’t any llamas available to sacrifice this week…

:flushed:

2 Likes

Only two goals conceded in five games for them, expecting a tough task today. Fancy Virgil for a goal.

Brentford lineup, if anyone’s interested:

Good to see former Red Sergi Canós get to start.

1 Like

It’s a lovely story, smaller team, punching above their weight, hitting the big time and currently holding their own.

Don’t want them to get anything today, obviously, but I like the romance of it all, the soul I see, and the passion and appreciation for what is happening that their fans are showing…

1 Like

Couple of tricky strikers, who will probably go on to better. We are world class at the back, but they will give us something to think about.

I was only talking about one aspect, Matip is better at heading as well though Gomez imo has made surprising improvement here. Gomez is a better stopper when in form and yes at least appears faster. Both are great partners for VVD and I was just trying to comfort you on an aspect of Matip’s play that I feel is much better than some might realise (just looking at him) which is recovery (the number of times he looks beaten and then makes a ‘wonder’ tackle is quite a spectacle really.

1 Like

3 Likes
1 Like

I’m sure that Jürgen and his team will know the personnel, formation and tactics to see us through this game.

COYR YNWA :nerd_face:

3 Likes

That kit is fucking awful.

3 Likes

OK then boys and girls. Win this and we are on the piss tonight three points clear :smiley::+1:

2 Likes

We’re playing Stokehampton?

I love it

Sky commentators are making it perfectly clear, who they want to win this game.

1 Like

It’s already perfectly clear who will. Very crisp start from us.

Good grief but I hate that Yellow Kit! Look like bumblebees instead of REDS!

I’ve put my sunglasses :dark_sunglasses: on.

1 Like

Fruit salads.