Pre and In Match Thread. Liverpool vs Chelsea. EPL. Sat 28th Aug. 1730 hrs

Maybe if you want to make a point about something, try using some words?

:thinking: :thinking:

Edit: if you really insist, the point is that the person @Quicksand was responding to was explicitly using Thiago’s cameo as a basis for predicting how he would perform vs. Chelsea (and thus “would stick with Naby”). So your saying that you can assess a 9 minute performance but not use it as a measuring stick for future performance (“doesn’t mean he […] will be crap when he plays next”) was rather @Quicksand’s main point.

You lot just keep giving me the opportunity. :rofl:

3 Likes

Glad to see use of the tried and trusted sausage and cider tactic. Let’s hope it’s a success.

It does sound like a recipe for indigestion though.

1 Like

And invent disagreements about 9 minute cameos

5 Likes

As long as we are not getting into jerseys vs tops and Left footed right CB vs Right footed left CB debates…

1 Like

It’s understandable he had no preseason. :grinning::smiley::grinning:

1 Like

I hope Fabinho will start. We will need him. I don’t think Naby’s done anything wrong so expect him to play. Trent was hobbling at the end of the game on Saturday as though he had a dead leg. Not heard anything more since but I’m hoping he’s OK because he’s been great so far. Jota/Bobby is the big decision. Maybe JK goes with Bobby as the big game player but Jota’s on fire in front of goal. I don’t mind either way.

Not keen on these big games being so early in the season. They are usually damp squibs with both sides being cautious. We’ve looked good so far but this is the acid test. Chelsea so strong this season. Loads of strength in depth. I am looking forward to the battle between Lukaku and Virgil.

1 Like

Has he done anything right?
More to the point what does he offer against a Chelsea side that has shown real aggressivity (and more) in their 1st 2 matches.
Millie is surely a better option to start at least imo. Once Millie has thumped the fight out of them, Robbo has intimidated them, Hendo has stared them down and Big Virg has humiliated them that would be the time to think about putting Baby Naby or Thiago on, wouldn’t it?

Milner’s been injured of course so not sure if he’ll be ready to start on Saturday. I’m sure JK will make the right decision.

1 Like

i’m not, that’s why I’m pushing it so I can have a good old #Kloppout whine after the match. :wink: :crazy_face: :rofl:

1 Like

Fab back in training

Arsene Wenger was at training today…

1 Like

No Millie! :cry:

Alisson

Trent - Matip - Van Dijk - Robbo

Henderson - Fabinho - Keita

Salah - Firmino - Mane

Kostas, Elliot and Jota can feel aggrieved but such is our depth now I think Robbo, Henderson, Firmino are marginal increases to the overall team.

1 Like

What a horrible time of the season to play this lot! On the major plus side, at Anfield so couldn’t have asked for more.

It would be unfathomable that the lineup stays the same. We played well against a shit side, the plastics are better, and we can improve on the starting lineup, so we will.

Robbo back in purely due to physicality and knowledge of how they play.
Midfield of Fab (He still in Liverpool?), Hendo, Bobby.
Same front three.
Same CB, Lukaku is physical not a speed demon, so no need for Joe, and he would be the most likely to get bullied. Konate for for Matip a very slight maybe, but it won’t happen.

I would definitely drop Trent purely for the controversy it would cause.

Smash them. They’re shit.

13 Likes

Just watched the game, Thiago walked onto the field at 80:03, the game resumed at 80:28, the game ended at 94:30.

Perfect Loop GIF

1 Like

Wow!!

2 Likes

Nah; it’s actually really nice. I’ve tried this recipe myself:

2 Likes

I hope that hasn’t anything to do with @Kopstar. :rofl:

1 Like