Pre/In-Match | Crystal Palace vs Liverpool | PL Matchday 7 | Saturday October 5th 12:30h

Top of the league for two weeks, and massive pressure on the sky-blue cheaters and the Londoners! :+1:

4 Likes

Yep far better at the end just keep the ball then they can’t hurt us, Trent needs to sometimes curb his natural instincts and learn to keep possession to calm the game down in our favour.

Thought Diaz made a difference as well

1 Like

Understandable with that reffing performance

Me attempting not to jinx it

You mean like he did near end when he could have shot or tried a risky through ball but recycled it back.

i am delighted considering the circumstances, early kick off away after a midweek cl game, this was a very solid performance. yep, we could have done a bit better but a win is a win.

3 Likes

Missed the game due to be stuck in hell

Was our game worse than this?

:rofl:

6 Likes

Yes, but prior to that he gave possession away twice, when they were in the ascendency, one where they broke and Eze hit it at Jaros, however, very good defensively

Is @RedYank there?

2 Likes

Ali, Gravy, Gapko.

Jota’s finishing has been dire this season and it continues to amaze me the difference in response to his bad misses (that are not at all infrequent) compared to those from other players.

2 Likes

He didnt “give it away.” He stepped into the middle to win a 50-50 (that he not done they would have had a break anyway) and the ball unluckily bounced to one of their players.

1 Like

I actually agree. I just said the same in the pre match, but said a few minutes before the game finished that if his goal proved to be enough to see us win, I’d give him the vote.

2 Likes

Yeah, the flip side of it is that his two league goals have both been match winners. I don’t want to get down on him I just find him a bit of an interesting example of how for some players once a reputation lands that is how all performances are viewed for good or bad. His “he’s the most clinical finisher at the club” reputation allowing fans to ignore a series of bad misses is now approaching levels of Felliani’s “he’s not that sort of player” while avoiding another red card for violent play.

It would be nice if we gave some of our other players the same leeway to make mistakes as we collectively give Jota.

3 Likes

Because he scores…

If Nunez could score he might not get as much of a knock.

I’ll take a player who can score to one who seems unable to do so.

I do like how we like to kick certain players. Like Jota and Robbo.

1 Like

Totally agree.
“Damn it, Nunez” irritated me at first, but by now it’s just too funny. But we should trust him and keep the faith in him and give him time as much as Slots does.

Doku play acting. Twat

Not sure how Danns’s recovery is shaping up.

But there’s nothing like him getting minutes (after his recovery) to push the likes of Jota / Nunez to be better.

He has scored fewer goals than Darwin in both of the last two seasons though.

1 Like

How many winners though.

Nunez hasn’t looked great this season. I am not here to trash some players in front of us. I know it’s fashionable on here but if you give me a choice I’d go for Jota to me he will score even when he is poor.

We’ve not seen captain chaos at all under Slot.

1 Like

Nunez 23/24 17 goals in 51 games Jota 14 goals in 30 games Nunez 22/23 13 goals in 39 games Jota 28 games 7 goals.