Pre/In-Match: Wolverhampton Wanderers vs Liverpool Sat 28th September, 17:30

What about slobbo and macca?

IMG_1358

1 Like

Robertson ainā€™t using the chair after Chiesa put his feet up on it.

4 Likes

It looks like theyā€™re alternating between the tiny chair and this red box.

I propose we have a TAN whip-round to buy the club a new prop. But what will it be? I suggest a big fuck-off perch, just to wind up Slur Alex.

6 Likes

Can you post a picture?

???

11 Likes

You scammer, itā€™s 11am UTC+1!

You spikey bastard,

Alisson back in training and expected to be ready but they will see just in case.

3 Likes

4 Likes

We are doing well so far. Plenty of goals, mostly clean sheets, the pattern of play is emerging - good pressing as before, but a bit more intricate short passing than before, keeping the ball, and a bit more urgency to get back in shape defensively. Thereā€™s a lot to like.

The last couple of games showed we still give up too many chances. Kelleher did really well but we could just as easily have conceded a goal or two, and I expect this to tighten up more as we go.

Wolves have started very poorly and we should have too much for them. The Forest game still grates, and Iā€™d like to get a few more wins on the board to put that firmly in the rear view mirror.

This is almost a free hit for Wolves. They wonā€™t expect anything from the game, but on the other hand any kind of result could kickstart their season.

My guess?

3-0 to the mighty reds.

The main decision appears to be Jota or Nunez, and I thought Nunez was edging ahead after Bournemouth, but after the cup game it will probably be Jota who gets the nod.

The rest of the side pretty much picks itself, though as the cup game showed, with nine changes and a handsome win against West Ham, we have quality in depth, which augurs well for the season ahead.

4 Likes

Iā€™m wondering if itā€™ll be a 60/30 split no matter whoever starts, and then 60/30 split the other way around for the next game.

Arneā€™s been complaining about that, saying that Kellher has done really well, but that he shouldnā€™t have had to.

6 Likes

Iā€™ll take a thrashing please, four of the best trousers down.

1 Like

That place proved a bit tricky for us in last years, but that isnā€™t (or shouldnā€™t be!) a big factor in my opinion.

But surely, regardless who is the next opponent, we have to make sure we start the game better than some of our last ones and more concentrated in defence.

I believe weā€™ll do it, perhaps not a convincing win (doesnā€™t have to be), but I believe weā€™ll have a bit too much for them.

1 Like

While what heā€™s saying is obviously true, itā€™s credit to the man that he has the humility to continually praise the squad and give credit to his predecessor.

In an alternative world a Mourinho-type personality could have been appointed and started by moaning about the squad and lack of spending. Striving for a shiney new toy. This could have impacted the confidence and connectedness of the team and produced worse results

1 Like

Slow starts have become a thing again. Went behind to Milan and West Ham and Bournemouthā€™s was marginally offside. Itā€™s really grating.

Also, as Slot said weā€™ve been giving up way too many chances lately. Itā€™s definitely time to tune things up.

Yep and heā€™s also emphasising the right stuff. He may be a less ebullient character than Klopp but I have to say I am liking the cut of his jib

8 Likes

While we have suffered from a slow start, and conceding because of itā€¦ the odd thing is, most teams, when hyped, start at 200mph against us from the off - it is hard to handle. This becomes obvious when they inevitably run out of gas later in the games.

What we have to be extra vigilant against, is that the early goal does not put us out of rhythm to such an extent, we canā€™t get to function properly for the entire match.

If/when we concede early, it is crucial to keep our shape, be patient and play our way back into a game, that we know, the opponent will tire in - Fans as well at the players, need to remember, the game is ours for the taking over 90minsā€¦ we need to remain patient, as these players in the squad, are capable of scoring 3 goals against any team out there

2 Likes

Iā€™ve noticed loys of teams going off like the Duracell bunny in the first 10 minutes. If we can let their batteries go flat without conceding, we will be able to control games.

3 Likes

https://x.com/skysportsnews/status/1839663316165152954?s=46&t=qjQdwJi2khWQQz87wqB34A

2 Likes