Pre/In-Match: Wolverhampton Wanderers vs Liverpool Sat 28th September, 17:30

Winning when not at your best is very, very important. Well done boys

2 Likes

That was poor from usā€¦ Wolves were shit and we matched them

1 Like

Would have been a great weekend if Leicester hadnā€™t fucked it up late after coming back so well.

Iā€™d do a turn over for the Bologna game.i think the team that played WH would win against them(Not the team of last season). Letā€™s save the big guns for Palace next week

Nah itā€™s a great weekend, who cares what Leicester does.

1 Like

If we play like that against one of the top teams we will get hammered

1 Like

Unless theyā€™re equally as bad.

3 Likes

I disagree, Wolves are a good team, but lack squad depth to be able to freshen it up when tired, they were probably the better team 1st 15/20 mins, but they do lack that killer instinct/player

1 Like

Not if City plays like today.

1 Like

The only folks to come out with good grades in this are VVD, Robbo,Gravenburch and Jota

Those who barely passed : Konate, Alisson, Salah and Macca, Gakpo.

The rest failed today especially Szoboszlai and Diaz who were specially rested for this game.

Slot didnā€™t do very well by not taking off Salah and TAA when they are doing stupid shit in their own half.

But we donā€™t play like that against the top teams.

We have had an infuriating habit of playing down to our opponentsā€™ level for at least a couple of seasons.

6 Likes

Salah???

He was poor

1 Like

Weā€™ve always had this irritating habit of playing to the level of the opposition. Even under Klopp.

Yes , weā€™ve battered some sides at times but weā€™ve seen grinding wins as well.

Grinding out a win against the 20th place side doesnā€™t sit right with me but wolves have had a tough start to the season and they arenā€™t the worst PL side around.

Not a great performance. Iā€™ll take the 3 points and Slot better get ready to be a Taskmaster.

3 Likes

He barely passed because he kept his nerve for the penalty which secured the 3 pointsā€¦

The one good thing about this game is that defensively we were quite strong and Wolves never really created chances

2 Likes

Totally agree, the main problems were caused by our poor play

1 Like

Three points. Top of the league. Get in.

Digging deeper we know we were below our level. Gravenberch, VVD, Robbo, maybe Jotaā€¦ all fine, but beyond that they were a bit meh.

Itā€™s a work in progress. The control wasnā€™t there as we hope it would be. The cutting edge wasnā€™t there as much either. After a great start to the season, Salah looks off the pace to me.

I expect us to get better as we go, but in the meantime, top of the league isnā€™t too bad! Mind you, our schedule hasnā€™t been that hard and weā€™ll see where we are really at after a few more games.

3 Likes

For all the defensive frailties about our team, we only conceded 2 goals since the start of the season.

4 Likes

City, Arsenalā€¦even Chelsea and Villa are all playing at a different level. We havnt played any of them yet. We will see if we can raise our game

Are they? :thinking:

Thatā€™s news to me.

4 Likes