Pre-Match Arsenal vs Liverpool 03/04/21 20:00

I really don’t want Jurgen to screw around with the front three, Mane, Jota and Mo. Jota’s form is incredible atm. Bobby will have to fit around that formation.

2 Likes

It whether Jota can go again. He’s played three tunes in the international break. As has Gini.

Glad we put our foot down this time.

Did he play the first game? I’m too lazy to check. He got 26 minutes rest tonight so he should be fine.

Oh dear… It’s really as if the PL were hell-bent to break our late little run of results asap by nominating the worst possible refs for this game.

3 Likes

FFS not Atkinson again :face_vomiting:

He stayed on the bench

1 Like

I think that team selection with Ox and Milner in the midfield would be a bit too weak to have a good chance of winning the game… We should either go for the win or focus on the CL game… not something in between.

Alisson

TAA Phillips Kabak Robertson

Fabinho Wijnaldum

Firmino

Salah Jota Mane

TAA, Nat, Kabak and Robbo.
Fabinho, Thiago and fired up Jones
Salah, Jota and Mane.
Start the rest of the season like wild animals.

Fixed it for you. :wink:

3 Likes

Have we ever played well here? not for at least 10 years.
Be lucky to get a point. Not that I rate Arsenal but Emirates and Old Trafford are 2 games every year we don’t bother turning up for.

Since Jurgen arrived we’ve won one, lost one and drawn two.

Not great is it.
No matter how bad Arsenal going into the game v us at Emirates I always think we will be lucky to get a point.

Arsenal have been thoroughly shit. We should have won more than one.

1 Like

Since all other midfielders are either injured or will be coming back from international games, I picked the ones who are fit and rested.

Thiago didn’t play in Spain’s last game and I don’t think he played the full 90 in the other two games, so he should be good to go. Andy Robbo, on the other hand, might be a bit knackered and given that Tsimikas didn’t play in Greece’s Thursday game it might be a good time to let him start a game.

3 Likes

Yeah, not sure if we should stretch Robertson and Wijnaldum any further, specially considering our next game is against Real.

Alisson
TAA Nat Kabak Milner
Fabinho
Curtis Thiago
Shaqiri
Salah Mane

If Robbo is to be rested (and he certainly needs a break, after being overused by Scotland this week) then Tsimikas should be starting at left back, not Milner. Otherwise, what was the point of signing the Greek international? :thinking:

I’d also be looking to start Jota, with Bobby replacing him for the last 20mins or so to get a run out.

7 Likes

I’d go with that, except for Shaqiri.
Jota’s in form and so he should he start. If it turns out he is a bit worn out then use Shaq maybe, although I think the boss would be more likely to bring on Bobby. Of course, Bobby might start as he’s had a long break.

Edit: I didn’t notice that you’ve got Milner at LB. Nah, like I said let’s see what Tsimikas can do. I’m sure he’s raring to go and impress people.

2 Likes

I agree. But Tsimikas has played so little.

Normally I would also go with Jota, probably in usual 433. But he has played in all three games while Shaqiri, who is also in a bit of form himself, has used sparingly.

Jota’s more likely to come up with a goal and as they’ve been at a bit of a premium lately I think he should get the nod.

3 Likes