Pre Match Chelsea vs Liverpool. 4:30pm, Sunday 20th

Early season nerves for me. We are below our best and the defence has been sloppy. The strength of their team is the attack, so we might have a tough day.

Then again, we might just as easily be brilliant, keep a clean sheet and boss them all over the park and win by three.

Lampard doesn’t like us, has no respect for Jurgen, and will really want to show his boss that he was right to back him with all that money. Already feels like a bit of a grudge match brewing.

Any win there and I will be happy enough.

2-1 to the mighty reds.

Mane, VVD
Werner for them, prompting another round of “why didn’t we buy him?”

1 Like

Lampard does get the sack from Chelsk at some inevitable point in the future, if only it could be Mon morning. Trounce them without mercy befitting of our second most hated enemies

Maybe for you; they’re third on my list, after the two Manchester clubs.

3 Likes

We are going to beat them by the slimmest of margins, 6-2

1 Like

And where is Everton on that list?

Eighth.

9 Likes

Just had second thoughts. Maybe play Firminho in behind a front 3 of Minamino, Salah and Mane.
Hope to see Jones involved again at some time.

Smash them. They’re shit.

17 Likes

Jones does look like a player. Seems confident too. Plays with his head up, has a goal or two in him. I’m looking forward to seeing what he becomes.

Their new attackers will take time to bed in and if we cut-off the silly errors, I don’t seem them having much joy in attack. They didn’t look very good and even though they won at Brighton it was because of a silly penalty, lucky deflection and a screamer that will probably never again happen in James’s career.

Their defence is bad, Kepa is arguably the worst keeper in the league and I think we will score some. Mo was electric and looked at his best against Leeds, Sadio had one of those rare days where instead of scoring a brace his shots went in the stands, so now he’ll score, just Bobby’s form worries me lately, hopefully he’s back to his best soon.

0/1 - 3 win for the reds, Mane with (at least) one of the goals would be my prediction.

1 Like
2 Likes

I this is a good time to play Chel$ki as their new signings will still be settling in.

A clean sheet for us would be a bonus but I would settle for 3 points.

Don’t know what Lampard’s problem is but I’d love to see him implode. Maybe a little passive aggressive cheeriness from the boss would help things along?

2 Likes

love that mug of your dog, mate :slight_smile: He has that look my own used to have when he was young and I was conditioning him to like my music. He ended up loving Iron Maiden, when I put it on he ran joyfully in front of the sterio and placed himself on the floor, tongue out enthusiastically. Also a big fan of Jethro Tull, Neptun my beloved long dead dog, he whistled to Ian Andersons flute playing. And the fact that he whined and ran out of the room if RnB got played on the radio made him even more lovable (since I reacted the same way to that “music”). That dog could read my soul.

4 Likes

I’d stick Matip in for Gomez, wouldn’t surprise me to see Gomez at RB, but not expecting it. midfield 3 of Fabinho, Henderson, and Gini (although I’d love to see Jones for Gini, maybe give that a test drive against different opponent). Front 3 picks themselves. Not sure about suggestion that Firmino needs to find form. Flubbed one chance he should have done better with, and other than that played with a ton of confidence.

Another Salah hattrick. Let’s go, give Thiago (the old slow one) a proper welcome to the league.

Trent usually raises his game against Chelsea and the next game after he had a so so game. I’ll start him at RB itself unless there’s an injury.

Always nice to beat Chelsea particularly at Stamford Bridge.
We should be able to fall over the line by about 3 goals.
Just to give Frank the shits a bit more!

I’d like to see us just run rampant and destroy their confidence with a big win.

Best scenario would be Firmino scoring a hat-trick and getting carded for taking off his shirt in celebration in front of Frank…

The card would be worth it just to stir him up.

This might be the best time to play them away…they’ve not gelled yet and we’ve got a settled team (plus no away fans). We just need to perform

1 Like

That’s actually his passport photo. On TIA I just had a picture of him in his Liverpool scarf. By the sounds of it he has very similar tastes in music although I think his favourite was “Seamus” by Pink Floyd.

1 Like

There is no doubt we have goals in us. Just worried about defending at the moment. We looked lethargic against Leeds. Hope we put them away.

Maybe an Thiago Alcantara hat trick.

1 Like