Pre Match Chelsea vs Liverpool. 4:30pm, Sunday 20th

Guys!! Can we register Thiago for this game?? If i am not wrong we need to register him by Friday as our game is on Sunday?? Is my understanding right?

Think Klopp rushes players in starting XI only if it’s an absolute necessity like VVD. He’ll be integrated little slower than that but definitely quicker than the likes of Robbo, Taki etc.

Won’t be surprised if he comes in as a sub for initial few games.

1 Like

I reckon Chelsea players just getting used to each others names… let alone how they play.

We should bag another 3 points, but you never know with this footy lark.

I wouldn’t take a draw - whereas many a season gone, a draw at Stamford Bridge was acceptable.

3-0 - mane hat trick, either side of a Salah brace, with a Trent free kick thrown in for old times sake.
3-0 as I said.

3 Likes

That’s possible only when the team has Kane to claim the goals.

1 Like

Does not compute!!! Where’s that stupid @discobot when you need him? :joy:

3 Likes

Hi! To find out what I can do, say @discobot display help.

1 Like

I so hope we play better than against Leeds however as we tend to drop to the level of the opposition I am taking no risks new defibrillator is charging and will be ready for a few quick zaps when needed.
Fuck Chelsea 0-3 to us.

1 Like

Probably a good thing that we play them early with all of their new signings. Hoping for a win and expecting a 2-1/3-1 and 3 points for us .

Yes, we need to register him by tomorrow afternoon for him to be available against Chelsea. I doubt we’ll include him though, tbh. A few training sessions first.

5 Likes

If I were to guess judging from Chelsea vs Brighton and us vs Leeds, slight victory to Chelsea or a draw. But I think we will be more alert in this game and so I belive in we will edge it. Still, it is their pitch, a lot of positivity around their club, so I do think we have to play a very, very good game to get 3 points.

1 Like

I remember Fab took months to get ‘blooded’ before Klopp would field him for us. I don’t expect world-class Thiago to take quite that long but I don’t think he’ll be inserted when we have all our first-choice midfielders fit. I can certainly understand the anticipation though!!!

1 Like

Cracking tune, on a great album! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

hehehehe, a dancing robot in the chelsea prematch thread.

Chelsea team news from WhoScored:

• As Chelsea still haven’t got a deal over the line for Rennes shot-stopper Edouard Mendy, Kepa Arrizabalaga looks set to continue in goal here.
  • Thiago Silva has a full week of training under his belt but it’s unclear whether he is ready for his Chelsea debut just yet.
  • Christian Pulisic may not be risked so soon from a hamstring injury after suffering a tiny set-back last weekend.
  • With Ben Chilwell still sidelined, it wouldn’t be a surprise to see Cesar Azpilicueta come in at left-back in favour of Marcos Alonso on Sunday.
  • Mateo Kovacic is back from suspension and may slot into midfield at the expense of Jorginho, who looked to be struggling at the end of last week’s 3-1 win over Brighton.
  • Ruben Loftus-Cheek is also expected to drop out of the starting XI after such a poor display on the opening weekend.
  • Rather than turn to Callum Hudson-Odoi from the wing, Frank Lampard may partner Timo Werner, who is a doubt with a dead leg, up front with one of Tammy Abraham or Olivier Giroud.

https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/1485196/Preview/England-Premier-League-2020-2021-Chelsea-Liverpool

5 Likes

Start 8.23 min.

3 Likes

“Sometimes people like it and sometimes they like it later” Klopp. Thats just priceless!

1 Like

Hilarious how Klopp handled the Thiago question!

2 Likes

Ziyech, Pulisic, Chilwell and Thiago Silva all ruled out for Chelsea.

3 Likes

Would be very surprised if Lampard starts Havertz.

I expect Havertz in, Werner also for sure, he’ll aim for that channel between Gomez and Trent. There are a few possibilities, even switching to 3 at the back. If it’s 4 at the back, James could remain at RB and Azpi to go and defend Salah at LB. If it’s 3 at the back, Azpi (and Rudiger) could come inside at CB to allow Alonso to play his LWB role. If Jorginho is okay, I think they’ll go back to their usual trio of him, Kante and Kovacic, who is back from suspension. Not sure if the likes of Mount (their balance on the left against Brighton didn’t look good as Alonso can be poor defensively in a 4, Mount in front of him in a Coutinho role and Kovacic was missing at LCM), Loftus-Cheek, Barkley, Abraham/Giroud can hope for much this weekend. Maybe one of them starts, but only due to necessity.