Mr Jurgen Klopp, that wasn’t a denial…

1 Like

Ok fck training sessions…

…GK …
… …
…THIAGO…

Am hyped.
Do it Klopp!

May get a Thiago cameo late in the match but I wouldn’t expect him to start. Doubt he’ll require a Robertson/Fabinho bedding-in period, especially given his experience in teams that play similarly to the way we do, but two days surely isn’t enough for a start.

Is Matip fit? Virgil certainly didn’t cover himself in glory against Leeds but likewise Gomez wasn’t brilliant. I’d consider bringing Joel in.

Alisson
TAA Matip van Dijk Robertson
Henderson
Keita Wijnaldum
Salah Firmino Mane
3 Likes

Thiago was registered before noon today so eligible for inclusion against Chelsea.

4 Likes

Could be this, then.

Alisson
Trent Gomez vDijk Robertson
Henderson Fabinho Wijnaldum
Salah Firmino Mane
Subs: Adrian, Matip, Milner, Thiago, Keita, Minamino, Origi.

You know, I felt gutted that Chelsea got Havertz and we didn’t. After today, and the prospect of one or two more shrewd additions, I really couldn’t give a shit anymore.

Thiaaago, Thiago Alcantaaaara

6 Likes

I see it the same as Zoran above. Despite his form, I think Gomez stays in the side. Matip is short of match practice and Chelsea’s biggest threat comes from Werner’s pace, so the safe option is to go with Gomez. He’ll need to start playing well though or I think he will find his place on the bench soon enough.

As for the midfield, I do think he’ll go to his big game 3 but I’d love to see Keita in there instead. If Chelsea play a 4231 we’ll dominate the midfield and cut them open, if they front us up with the 433 the game will be a bit tighter.

If we defend carelessly they can definitely hurt us but play anywhere near our best and I reckon this is a routine victory for us. We are better all over the park than they are.

I’ll be sticking 20 quid on Van Dijk to score anytime, these jokers still can’t defend set pieces or the second ball after a set piece.

3 Likes

Where is Joto? :smiley:

Thiago or Havertz is certainly an easy choice to make. Heck, Thiago or anyone else is an easy choice to make…

100% confirmed Thiago out of the Chelsea game. The shit one.
The real Thiago is available for selection, if needed.

2 Likes

In for a penny, in for a pound, slot Thiago right in there :crazy_face:

No, I expect same team as everyone else, but I’m playing Matip instead of Gomez. I’m listening if you want Gomez at RB (despite a year ago never wanting to see him there again), but probably just sticking with TAA.

They say that but Chelsea are sneaky fuckers and always play the injury card as a mind game,it wouldn’t suprise me if half of those turn up on the team sheet for sunday,they always miraculously turn up fit and ready to play come match day.Not that i’m bothered cos i think we’ll beat them,even if they had a full squad.

2 Likes

Got to say, I was feeling pretty reticent post lockdown as we already had the league tied up. Heading into this season I was feeling a bit similar.

Habing won the first game , and the recent transfer news, now I’m fucking up for defending this fucking cunt. Let’s start off by giving one of our “rivals” a right twatting and showing them what a real team and proper football looks like.

I don’t really care who plays, Jurgen knows a bit more about this stuff than I.

2-0 to us. No more dodgy defending, VVD and co. need to switch back on to 2018-19 mode.

2 Likes

No way is this going to be another runaway season. Definitely going to be much tighter and I have a feeling it will go to the wire…we haven’t dominated since the restart.

A win would be a big bonus but know what? I would be quite happy with a draw…As Shanks used to say, if you draw with your rivals on their patch and beat them at home, then you finish above them.

Some very confident predictions on here of big wins but just can’t see it myself. Hope to be proved wrong.

1 Like

For the trip to London, in and out like Jack the Ripper sorry Frank that analogy was for you

2 Likes

I think Matip will play against Lincoln and we’ll take it from there. Opportunity to displace Gomez in one of the next few games after that? Possible.

Oh was there a game coming up? Lol

Beating Chelsea matters mainly for a psychological benefit more than anything. Lampard and his merry band of rats at their football club have been pencilling this fixture and he has been running his mouth quite a bit.

The lads need to go there to their turf and show them who are the defending champions,

Alison
TAA, Gomez, Van dijk, Robertson
Fabinho
Hendo, Wijnaldum
Salah , Firmino, Mane

No need to overthink it, hammer them, bring Minamino on and give him some minutes and lets get this job done.

1 Like

I remember someone used to do a review of away ground/town. What happened to that???

Am hoping they’ll be super annoyed that the player who could actually have transformed their entire side, and could have unlocked the potential of all their attacking signings will be watching the game from the opposition bench. :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

2 Likes

Love every angle.

11 Likes