Pre-match: Crystal Palace vs Liverpool | Sat 9th December 2023, 12:30 GMT

It’s a fast turnaround from our last game with an irritatingly early kick-off at Selhurst Park at 12:30 London time.

We are up against a former manager in Roy Hodgson so remember that we will be playing the sort of team that Liverpool could have been. They’ve had a rather poor run of form lately, and were booed off after losing their last home game against Bournemouth last night.

No team new from us yet but I the injuries are stacking up and I expect to see Mac Allister added to that list after limping off last night.

Officials are referee: Andy Madley; Assistants: Harry Lennard and Nick Hopton; 4th official: Tom Bramall ; VAR: John Brooks; assistant VAR: Adam Nunn.

The game will be broadcast on TNT Sports in the UK.

The disclaimer: @RedWhippet takes no responsibility for the outcome of this game, whether result, refereeing decisions, or injuries sustained. 99% of Gargoyles Look Like Bob Todd.

9 Likes

Let’s hope they are as shit again as they were against Bournemouth. But somehow I doubt it.

2 Likes

Matip out for the season…

Robbo, Jota, Allison, Bacjetic, Thiago, possibly MacAllister short term out for Saturday.

Obviously Kelleher
Trent, Quanash, VVD and Tsimikas
Szoboszlai, Endo and Jones
Salah, Nunez and Diaz.

Week to Utd game, so plenty of recovery time.
Hopefully last nights performance is a signal for improvement, we need to start playing better.

And, hopefully Salah scores. The only way to stop commentators talking shite about it being on his mind.

2 Likes

If he wasn’t just below some magic number of goals then it wouldn’t even be mentioned.

2 Likes

1:1 wish we could break this run!

1 Like

I think I put UTC on the last one. I should have put Zulu Time instead.

No qualifiers needed. It’s simply 12:30.

1 Like

Referee: Andy Madley. Assistants: Harry Lennard, Nick Hopton. Fourth official: Tom Bramall. VAR : John Brooks. Assistant VAR: Adam Nunn.

Madley and Brooks two arrogant tossers … :face_vomiting:

1-2 good guys.

Play the strongest team possible with Konaté, Núñez and Diaz they can rest until the United match since we are playing the U23 against Union. :+1:

Kelleher
Trent Konate Van Dijk Tsimikas
Endo
Szob Jones
Salah Nunez Diaz

Then onto the dead rubber, where I expect no-one of note to play. I still have an unpleasant memory of Jota doing his knee in a meaningless game a couple of years ago.

5 Likes

I think Konate will rest for this one. Can see Quanash start.

Waiting for @Limiescouse to appear in 3…2…

1 Like

Surely not.

USG Midweek, in which you would think will be completely rotated. Palace is early Sat, Utd is late Sun.

I can see Palace being as close to full strength knowing he can then rest anyone he wants for 7 full days.

1 Like

Palace team news by WhoScored:

• Crystal Palace remain without key men Eberechi Eze and Cheick Doucoure.
  • The pair join Dean Henderson and Jesurun Rak-Sakyi on the sidelines, while Tyrick Mitchell is a doubt for the welcome of Liverpool.

Holding is still out.

1 Like

At least they played at the same time as us yesterday, a result I didn’t expect. They seem to be on a mini rut with only 1 win in 8. Doucoure and Eze being out are huge +ve’s for us. Mitchell also subbed off in first half due to a muscle strain which Roy has confirmed.

Kelleher Trent Konate Virgil Kostas Endo Grav Jones Salah Nunez Diaz

Now that is what you call an informative and slick thread opening - 8/10 :0)

5 points at home, 11 on the road.

Thought it was one of those odd stats but yesterday sort of relieved it not to be.

————-——Kelleher———————

—-TAA—-Ibou——-VVD—-Kostas——

—Szobo—-Endo—-Elliott———

—-Mo——-Darwin——Diaz——-

SUBS

Cody for Diaz

Doak for Mo

Jones for Harvey

Gravenberch for Dominik

Bradley

Quansah

Gomez for TAA

Adrian

Mad Law And Order GIF by NBC

You say 12.30, I say 23.30, let’s call the whole thing off…

2 Likes

I’d go with a front line of:

Salah Nunez Gakpo

1 Like