Pre Match - Ipswich Vs Liverpool (PL 17/8/24) 12:30pm

First match of the season. First competitive match of the Arne Slot Era is upon us.

Since no one’s ready to take on the duties of creating the thread , I’ve taken on the very onerous responsibility.

It’s Ipswich and these are the teams we ought to be beating.

12 Likes

We’ve got Las Palmas first :rage:

3 Likes

8/10. A solid first effort.

Good that there’s none of this stupid time zone crap. Maybe a little more team news next time, or a possible lineup?

8 Likes

Nor any superstitious bullshit

2 Likes

12.30 East Anglian Time. It’s the same, but with a bit of straw in your mouth.

1 Like

FIrst game back in the Premier League after 22 years. They are going to be buzzing and up for it. We need to approach this professionally and make sure we get the 3 points above anything else

2 Likes

Gomez to score

2 Likes

That’s stereotyping.

Call HR!

2 Likes

So you suggest not mentioning a 6th digit on each hand?

2 Likes

I think one of the major failures of the last management team was in failing to get Gomez to score. I think this played heavily on everyone’s mind and eventually led to the dam bursting the camel’s back. Slot has but one task. However, you do not simply walk to the goal and get Gomez to score…

2 Likes
1 Like

4-2 to the reds. Going to be a bit nervy but too much firepower. Salah 2, Dom 1, Jota 1

1 Like

A real grudge match this one. Ipswich are still smarting over us nicking John Wark and David Johnson from them. We have to be ready to fight fire with fire.

4 Likes

Wouldn’t they have to be about 70 to remember that :joy:

2 Likes

Do the Tractor Boys (Ipswich), still run onto the pitch to this song… :0)

Oi! Watch it you young rascal!

3 Likes

Fucking yes, let’s go reds! At Klopp’s farewell I wasn’t sure if I’d have the same interest. But can’t wait for a new season.

Bring on the 45mins of moaning on TAN before securing a comfortable win in 2nd half.

13 Likes

We should open a book on who will be scapegoat of the week.

Darwin would be favourite, followed by Harvey and Grav.

Make it happen.

2 Likes

Do it yourself, you lazy twat.

1 Like