Pre Match - Ipswich Vs Liverpool (PL 17/8/24) 12:30pm

One thing that never seems to change is the staggering inability to convert the easiest of chances. It was harder for Jota and Diaz to miss than score, but miss they did. Other than that, the second half was most enjoyable.

Also, say what you will about our recruiting team, but its targets more often than not hit the mark. Slot seems to be another fine pick.

3 Likes

And whoever makes it better include a MOTM poll with three selectable options or so help me God :rage:

1 Like

Diaz had a brilliant game (position and so on) and dreadful (finishing).

4 Likes

Do the Almighty need to be invoked for this most important of the least important things in life?..with apologies to Kloppo

1 Like

Agreeance on superflossity. I floss every night and sometimes twice a day.

Just harking back to last season when I dared to open a post match thread with a MOTM poll with only vote available.

Such an uprising hadn’t been seen since the 1790s in France.

4 Likes
3 Likes

Surprised you say this. Ibou changed the game significantly

1 Like

As usual.

Dunno it’s the brightest I’ve seen him in the league for a while

1 Like

First half not great. Second half much improved and well deserved win. Some good chances created.

You can cut and paste this in every match thread for the rest of the season MH :wink:

2 Likes

Arne Slot: “I inherited a very very good team with great individuals. But these players have to understand that it is not enough what they brought in the first half. If they bring their maximum capacity, then we can be really, really good. We showed that in the second half. The goals were good but the attack that did not lead to a goal (when Luis Diaz shot over the bar), that is the way I want to play.”

7 Likes

Oooof

9 Likes

Piece of piss.

The pub was quite lively for a 7:30am start. About a half dozen Ipswich supporters on hand, and they were welcomed heartily. One bloke was from an area in Suffolk where my father had been stationed during WWII. Good lad. They were thrilled to have their side be playing in the PL.

@Alright_Now_Legend did not appear. My korma was its usual flavorful piece. There you have it.

7 Likes

If Ipswich learn to stay onside they might have a decent season.

3 Likes

In preseason games he was very good but in the PL games he does not seem to have the same composure in front of goal where he is put under a lot of pressure.

I was being light-hearted, but his end product has been lacking.
He creates havoc down the left and you can see the panic in defenders’ eyes when he gets the ball. Maybe Slot can add a bit of composure to his game.

1 Like

Well, that just shows how little I know.

Having said that, I’m still not sure if Konate’s presence nullified Ipswich’s attack or if it was more down to the front six playing better and taking control of the game which meant that our defence wasn’t under as much pressure as it was in the first half. Compared to the first half, Ipswich barely got into our penalty area in the second so Konate had less to do than Quansah had in the first.

2 Likes

Why would it be?