Pre-match: Lincoln City v Liverpool, Thursday 24th Sept 1945 GMT

That was to German red

1 Like

@auzziez , which channel got the rights for the league cup in India ? SonyLiv ?

1 Like

I see probably Fabinho at RCB and Berg at LCB. We don’t have a lot of other options for CB.

It would be total insanity to risk VVD for this game. He gets a knock and we have Fab+? v Arsenal

Yeah, one of those Sony/TEN channels. I saw Tel Aviv vs. Salzburg in one of them last night. :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

No idea. Don’t see it in the schedule of any sports channels. TEN are showing Super Cup tonight.

2 Likes

Kids, n00bs and rezzies. If they progress beautiful, if not it cheapens the defending champions’ ( :rofl:) ‘achievement’ even further :+1:t2:

I think we need to put out a decent team…Admittedly we should win but a scratch team with a bad attitude could cause some embarrassment. From what I have seen Lincoln could well be a Championship team next season and contrary to what others have said, they do not look like a team of " lower division cloggers".
No VvD or Thiago for me . I like JHMH team but not sure about Grujic playing as I think he will be gone soon.Going to be very interesting. Just realised Rhys Williams is available following his loan .Looking forward to it.

That’s a pretty strong 2nd team. We will do well in this cup competition.

3 Likes

My head is spinning… so to try and pick a team for this is not happening for me.

Thing is, if some players are left out - like Origi, Brewster and Wilson - surely that means they are looking at moving?

I hope Curtis starts and also Jota. Like to see Elliot too and Minamino. Neco and Kostas. Really not sure about the rest.

3 Likes

I’ll be like I expected, probably. Not our 3rd team, not too young. But still mostly our backup team, with a kid or two (like Berg and Elliott possibly starting), but also a few important players who need game time.

Yeh, shop window or avoid injury? Can’t see anyone about whom the club are in discussions regarding a transfer being risked. If there aren’t active discussions I think that the club are more likely to play them than not.

No Brewster reportedly. Must be a goner

1 Like

Heard that Rhys Williams could be making a start?

I mean is that just coming out of nothing, or is there something to it?

1 Like

I am struggling to get remotely interested in the outcome of this game…almost prefer us to lose. Only two competitions matter. This one in particular is a meaningless distraction.

1 Like

Not a domestic cup I’d choose to win. Play the kids and then think about it if we get to the semis.

This is the most important game of the season, well at least it will be until the next one. It’s an absolutely must win game.

Well, perhaps " most important " is a tad economical with the actualité, and " must win " somewhat hyperbolic, but we should not ignore the impact success will have upon the game-time available to our fringe players and youngsters. In reality I could care less about the competition.

Evidently the referees association feels much the same way and has appointed tony “Smoggie” harrington as the man in the middle for our trip to terra flavo ventres . He has refereed the imps four times in the past, two wins and two losses for those interested, thereby offering no indication as to his personal preferences. For us, this will be his maiden outing so nothing to go on there either.

As for pre match rituals, I consulted the Mem for inspiration; she enquired as to why was any preparation necessary?

“Well it is the Football League, Milk, Littlewoods Challenge, Rumbelows, Coca-Cola, Worthington, Carling, Capital One, EFL, Carabao bucket and spade Cup”, I quipped light-heartedly.

Boudica uttered a sound which resembled that caused by placing a wet thumb on a hot stove lid.

Undeterred, I continued, “It’s a real competition, medals and everything, with a final at Wembly and the Europa League for the winners”.

Boudica went into her wet-thumb-on-stove routine again. “I know”, she said wearily, and continued that while she was as fond of a laugh as the next chatelaine, there were limits, especially when dealing with one, such as myself, who has an intellectual capacity significantly lower that of a backward pond invertebrate.

Those happily unacquainted with the Mem, will be unaware of her compelling eye, her dominant chin, her determined mouth, and her voice, which, at certain times, can raise blisters on a sensitive skin. A certain time, for example, such as now.

Admonishment suitably administered, Boudica withdrew in that stately, ponderous way that always reminded travellers who knew their Far East of an elephant sauntering through an Indian jungle.

Silence fell, one of those deep, uneasy silences which occur when you realize that now is the time to produce a witty rejoinder, but are unable to figure out just how to set about doing so. Such is my lot in life. Anyway:

This game has all the makings of a potential banana skin! :rolleyes: (well someone had to say it):roll_eyes:

I’ll take a scrappy 1-0 win to us. :astonished:

11 Likes

Its a chance for the second 11 to get games so i hope we go far in the competition.

3 Likes

Yep. And even Klopp leaves this to Pep so our usual PL prep doesn’t get hampered IMO.

2 Likes

and then we have the Statmangaz going about saying, “Man Citeh play strong teams in all the competitions because we respect the competitions Robbeh.”

1 Like