LFC India thread

That line is more apt for tu jaanta nahi mere baap kaun hai … Aka delhi folks…

And yep , i am a hyderabadi… Spent quite a lot of time elsewhere but still…

1 Like

Paanch ka spelling galat bola… Fail

1 Like

Was w.r.t to allrightnow , still getting used to this new fangled shit

About this , its a bigger question of fb twitter taking over the discourse

:rofl:

3 Likes

@Sithbare
#Matchday: Lincoln City v Liverpool
League Cup Round 3
Kick Off at 00:15 am
Official Live Streaming @VootSelect & Jio TV https://t.co/9rZ1hnReql

Don’t think it’s on TV, streaming might be the only option.

3 Likes

I have a general question regarding telecast of football. Do people here still persist with Star?

I gave up on them last year, and switched to Hotstar.

There was a time when Star had an awesome coverage of the league. Used their multiple channels to show most of the matches. Then they just kept Star Select 2 HD for EPL, while others showed old cricket, kabbadi crap.

1 Like

I no longer watch matches on TV myself. Hotstar and Jio subscription are sufficient to view the relevant games IMO.

1 Like

I don’t have a Cable TV connection at all.

I just subscribe for yearly packages to primevideo,hotstar,sonyliv,sunnxt and zee5.

Majority of the sports channels in India was about showing highlights of India beating Australia in some non-consequential ODI where sachin scored 159 odd and label it as India Shining.

1 Like

Yeah, you are right. Most of the channels are pointless most of the time. Same channels in Bangladesh too. But manage to get enough EPL games and okay with it.

1 Like

Replace most with all and you’ve got the Indian cable scene here. All the Channels are pretty much shit , the worst being the news by a huge distance…and then the sports channels.

2 Likes

I think we have the same channels. Plus some local craps. I don’t watch TV much, some football and the occasional nature documentaries.

BTW, how do you rate NDTV???

Yeah you are right. TV is terrible.

Stopped watching that altogether. Bought a firestick… that coupled with the subscriptions does it for me for the year.

As per me, Still shit , but the least shittiest of all the Indian news channels around. Others might beg to differ.

There are no news channels, these are opinion channels now than anything else.

News channels should just provide facts IMO which can happen if we go back to the model that was years ago, half an hour a day. In an attempt to provide ‘news’ 24x7, channels are just providing random bulls*it these days.

2 Likes

I’d actually pay money to have a no opinion only fact half an hour show rather than have the news channels being basically opinionated, pandering and being controlled by a political party etc etc

So true. Everyone has an opinion on everything.

NDTV’s production values and presentation are at par with the best of the world. Their content, however, is substandard. Which funnily makes them better than the rest, because the rest don’t have anything worthwhile.

The problem with Indian news media is that people are not hired on the basis of their abilities, but on their relationships(because they have access to politicians), which is why our main journalists are some or the other politician’s child, spouse, sibling, etc.

As for TV, I only stick to movie channels or the food shows on TLC.

And I am with @Colossal_centre_back and @Sithbare. We could use news channels with zero opinions and only news. The while debate thing has been done to death.

2 Likes

the food shows etc , youtube beats that by miles. Almazan kitchen, sheer genius that one

1 Like

I moaned about the saas bahu serials when they did happen a few years back. I’d rather have the audience watching a saas bahu serial now rather than watch the drama etc etc at the news channels we have now.