Pre-match: Lincoln City v Liverpool, Thursday 24th Sept 1945 GMT

This match is for the squad, its important that Jota, Tsimikas and Minamino all get run outs. Its also a good chance for the kids to intergrate further and proof their worth. You dont want to send them out there and tell them its ok if you lose. They need to go out and show you can do the job, albeit against League one opposition.

1 Like

Im looking forward to seeing our second eleven performing as a team.

1 Like

No Henderson Matip or Gomez.

To be fair, I wouldn’t expect them anyway.

2 Likes

Looking forward to this game, especially intrigued as to who will start. Will Adrian or Kelleher be between the sticks? Will Curtis get his first start of the season - me thinks he will! Little Mini to start? Jota, will he start? Lots of options! Best leave it to the boss!!!

Lincoln are in good form, but we are the PL Champions! A clean sheet is the place where I always like to start!!! But we do have goals in our side!

Its about time we won this trophy! So lets do it!!!

On a side note, my wife bumped into Jamie Carra today! She asked for a photo for me as Carra was my favourite player, still is!!! He offered to do a video message for me - and wished me a happy birthday(coming in a couple of months)!!! Chuffed to pieces!!! What a lovely, genuine guy!

I’m off for a happy smoke now!!!

12 Likes

We have the squad to compete on all fronts, so I expect us to do just that. Obviously you don’t play your big guns against Lincoln, but we still have a lot of very capable players waiting to show what they can do. No matter what team we put out, if we don’t advance, it’s a poor showing. That’s not arrogance, it’s just a reflection of where both teams are.

If and when the level of opponent gets higher, we might play a stronger team, but I still expect that team to be heavily rotated from a Prem League starting team.

I want to win it all. Been a while since we won the League Cup. Let’s win it, while on the way to bigger prizes…

2 Likes

As long we don’t play the whole U23 we will be fine

Does anyone know what channel is showing this?

I’ve got a TV box thing that has loads of UK/US channels but oddly all the Sky channels are specific (sky sports football, sky sports epl, etc).

2 Likes

Both main event and football :+1:t2:

1 Like

So, blue kits for the first time in this one?

ESPN+ in the States

2 Likes

Bein sport 2 in Aus.

1 Like

With a shortened pre-season, I would treat this like a preseason game.

Grujic at CB because I still think we need an option where we can free Fabinho and Grujic is better in the air. That option might be Koumetio but I think Grujic could do well there too.

At half-time, take off Origi, move Minamino forward and bring on Shaqiri for fitness.

At 60 minutes, take off Milner and move Grujic forward for VDB. We need to save Milner’s legs in case he needs to cameo vs Arsenal.

Adrian
Williams Koumetio Grujic Tsimikas
Milner Jones
Elliot Minamino Jota
Origi
1 Like

Thanks - that should do it. BeIN 2 will probably work too @clive and cheers to @Alright_Now for the information.

Loads of people should be able to watch it now including me :grinning:

2 Likes

According to Pep we are going to be surprised at how strong a team we are putting out.

Adrian
Neco SvdB VvD Kostas
Milner Thiago Jones
Elliott Minalino Jota

That’s a ridiculously good side .

What a time to be a supporter of this great club.

2 Likes

That was to German red

1 Like

@auzziez , which channel got the rights for the league cup in India ? SonyLiv ?

1 Like

I see probably Fabinho at RCB and Berg at LCB. We don’t have a lot of other options for CB.