Pre-match: Lincoln City v Liverpool, Thursday 24th Sept 1945 GMT

and by having a 400m expenditure on sub + reserve strength

1 Like

Take it FWIW, a (relatively) credible source on Twitter is saying he’s heard the starting XI for tonight:

ADRIAN
NECO-VDB-RHYS-TSIMI
THIAGO-JONES-MILLIE
JOTA-TAKI-ELLIOTT

4 Likes

1 Like

That’s a pretty stacked XI , the inexperience and the lack of possible cohesion in the defense not witstanding.

1 Like

Really interested to see how Williams and VDB get on, both have been prone to errors but have some good attributes. It’s a seriously tall partnership that, look out for them on corners!

I’ll be crossing everything short of testicle torsion hoping that Thiago comes out of this unscathed. Think that front 3 plus Jones can play some great football.

Lincoln are apparently quite good so hopefully it’ll be an open, free flowing game. 5-3 reds.

3 Likes

That defensive lineup makes me want to stay up and watch this match. Wouldn’t have seen it if it were a regular defense there. This atleast makes it interesting.

2 Likes

It’s obvious now who we want rid of.

1 Like

can somebody type out lineup and subs? Twitter is blocked at work for me. Please and thank you**

Thanks!

Lincoln City,obviosly.

6 Likes

Will be delighted for Rhys if its true that he is starting. He does have some talent although he has sort of got lost in the shake up over the last season by disappearing in the non-leagues.

Thing to note though is that loan to Kidderminster came during his first season as a professional footballer, while most are still playing youth football. That’s a nice learning curve (and probably was seen as more beneficial by the club because he didn’t have the same physical advantages in adult football as he would have done in U23s).

11 Likes

I thought it was official but a second look says Twitter. :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

Why Virgil?!

2 Likes

4-2-3-1? Or what do you think?

3 Likes

Virgil off at 60-65 provided all goes well and Liverpool be 3 goals to the good I expect.

2 Likes

i got ESPN+ for the community shield and i’ve been too lazy to cancel even though they e-mail me about podcasts 5x a day. glad my inertia paid off for once

maybe they changed the format for this season and i missed it, but the real drag with this competition (especially since i got FM) is the two-leg semifinal

wouldn’t mind seeing 45 minutes for thiago, but i just want to see jota, and most importantly, harvey

2 Likes

Na 4-3-3. I don’t see Jones in a role which requires more defensive contributions yet. I’d like to , but still

Why are we risking Big virg for this game? I mean … ok we want to shore the midfield, but it just seems at this stage unnecessary… well i guess we really want to win this then.

2 Likes

…What?

8 Likes

Some very interesting selections here. First look is including Origi, Grujic and Sjaq is a “play for your future” type opportunity, but that seems a bit more knee jerk than Klopp seems to be.

Also, who is R Williams? He’s not even listed on our Wiki page?

1 Like