Pre-match: Lincoln City v Liverpool, Thursday 24th Sept 1945 GMT

Shaq the 3rd MF then? Assuming that based on some comments last year about him trying to learn that role.

Oof. I’m not at all excited about Big Virg tonight. That’s a fairly sick lineup tho!

EDIT: glad to see Rhys getting a start. See what he has.

And I agree with @RedYank below, I actually do want to win a domestic cup this year!! :raised_hands:t2:

If we’re playing…we should be winning! More silverware! :+1:

4 Likes

VVD playing but Milner is not.

Jurgen’s play will be about transitions more. So beats me as to how Shaqiri can handle that role too.

1 Like

So is Rhys now ahead of VDB?

But of course, its another genius masterstroke by Jurgen. He is clearly going to start Milner at Centre back against Arsenal. Its brilliant i tell you

First Name: Rhys
Surname: Williams
Position: Defender
Birthplace: Preston, England
DOB: 3, February, 2001

Rhys Williams is a commanding centre-half who made his U18s debut in 2016-17 while just a schoolboy.

He has been at the Academy since U10 level and is a regular for Liverpool’s U18s and U19s in the UEFA Youth League.

Rhys also stepped up to the U23s in 2018-19, making his first start at that level against Villarreal in the November of that season.

In February 2019, the defender signed his first professional contract with the club and also made his international debut for England U18s.

Williams was also part of Liverpool’s victorious FA Youth Cup squad after the dramatic penalty shootout win against Manchester City in the final.

He subsequently set out to gain further experience by joining Kidderminster Harriers on loan for 2019-20.

1 Like

What’s with all these head buns

3 Likes

I’d look at that as a statement given to both the players and the interested parties saying… Hey if you aren’t gonna put up what we want to enable a sale, We’ll play them in the domestic cups and the odd substitute appearances. Light a fire under the players to prove themselves worth the transfer fee demanded.

Williams Rys VVD Tsimikas
Grujic Jones
Shaq Minamino Elliott
Origi

Best I can make this out to be, unless Shaq or Elliott are dropping into a midfield 3.

Edit: also had no idea Shaq was fit, and interesting to see Wilson on the bench.

van Dijk starting is a surprise, but I guess he might be the only one strong enough to lug Shaqiri’s lifeless body around the pitch, Weekend at Bernie’s style.

9 Likes

Milly could have done that.

All i want is no replay or extra time and penalties,the pub shuts at ten.

5 Likes

Yessss… Shaqs finally!

10 Likes

I take it that we’ll be playing in our dazzling/shite* new away kit, judging by that.

*delete as applicable.

1 Like

If I were to hazard a guess , I’d say this is Klopp’s attempt of keeping a tight back 4 and (maybe let Tsimikas free on the left)… That 4-1-4-1 formation. Crowd the midfield and then pry open lincoln’s defense as the game goes on.

Your wish has been granted; straight to pens if scores are level after 90 minutes. :+1:

2 Likes

Big Shaq at the house

FSG out if Van Dijk gets injured

2 Likes