Pre-match | Liverpool v Atletico Madrid | CL Match day 4 | Wednesday November 3rd 20:00 | Anfield

Dead right.

1 Like

Ladies and gentlemen, Liverpool will be playing four four fucking two.

2 Likes

When youā€™re a top orchestra like us, we can make any formation work like an oiled machine. 4-2-3-1, 4-4-2, 4-4-1-1, it doesnā€™t even matter. Klopp usually uses the 4-4-2 terminology. But I know, itā€™s too outdated to hear for fans.

:sunglasses:

2 Likes

This was something I was pondering at the weekend. We effectively play 2-5-3 with the 2 CB and wing backs, with the DM and sweeper-keeper making up the missing defender.

We could easily play a more conventional 3-4-3 but give the 3rd CB more freedom to bring the ball forward without drastically altering our style.

Having said that, Iā€™m not a huge fan of playing players out of position. It cost us last year when we started having to play midfielders in defence.

Incidentally, did anyone see Anfield on Doctor Who last night?

2 Likes

Livvy posted this clipā€¦

2 Likes

A win or a draw with no injuries will do. AM will play dirty with Suarez leading them on. I will play Robo in this one.

Thank fuck a loss wouldnā€™t be terminal , although it would still be hard to stomach against these dirty cheating bastards. This is going to be really tough. Iā€™d take a draw and no more injuries.

6 Likes

Weā€™re gonna twat these cunts.

9 Likes

Danny Makkelie is the ref against Atletico again, last year we lost 2-3. Not his fault, Becker was injured.

1 Like

One things for sure, Anfield will be rocking on Wednesday against this lot of thugs - and we know the lift that can give our players. We absolutely smashed them to pieces at Anfield last year, but the stars aligned in AMā€™s favour that time. We can point to the away result as some sort of comeuppance, but Klopp will remind them of the shithousery from a couple of weeks ago, and the pain of going out to them last time.

Itā€™s going to be a great game of football - sometimes when these kinds of fixtures come up I wish I was neutral!

Iā€™m sure that JĆ¼rgen and his team will know the personnel, formation and tactics to see us through this game. COYR YNWA :nerd_face:

5 Likes

Would consider Firmino or Matip in CM if Fabinho isnā€™t fit.

One thing I take from the Brighton game that isnā€™t easy to slot alongside the Milan and AM games about 2-0 leads is that Brighton arenā€™t deadly. Watched Milan last night and they are pretty clinical when they attack.

2 Likes

Bobby would eventually play as the single #10/second striker in front of a double-pivot CM partnership, if we flip it at any point. We tried him a few times in the end of games as one of the two #8ā€™s in a 4-3-3 and it didnā€™t look good or balanced enough.

We only need a draw and with the 3 midfielders that played last weekend I canā€™t see us getting that, but then again Klopp is a genius and in the past we were in similar situations and Jurgen produced his magic and we got results.

2 Likes

O hello my sweet middle princesā€¦ We have missed youā€¦

15 Likes

Milan vs Porto is an early kick off. If Milan wins a draw would be enough for us to reach the group stage.

That + no injuries would be enough for me.

And after that hopefully Klopp has learnt his lesson on how to rest players in ā€šmeaninglessā€˜ group stage games when already qualified.

9 Likes

I do get the point but a win is worth like Ā£2.5milā€¦ Win both ā€œmeaninglessā€ games itā€™s another Ā£5mil into the coffers (none bonused out btw) thatā€™s pretty huge imo.

7 Likes

Yeah, there are not many CL games during a season. Of course you go for some normal rotation if you can in the last games, but you want to win every game when you are a top side, which we are.

5 Likes

A win in the CL = Ā£2,5m.

Key players not getting injured = priceless.

Letā€™s get this one done first.

Not saying he should play the kids in the other two.

He could split the key players into two groups. One to start vs Porto and the other to fly to Milan.

5 Likes