Pre-match | Liverpool v Atletico Madrid | CL Match day 4 | Wednesday November 3rd 20:00 | Anfield

Where’s the CL group stage wins money, John?

4 Likes

3-0 :partying_face:

3 Likes

Would have loved us to be full strength against these horrible cunts and give them a good hiding but we are going to be seriously short in midfield even if Thiago and Fab are fit as neither will have a big 90 minutes in them.
Just glad we already have 9 points so a loss wouldn’t be the end of the world.
Really not going to do my blood pressure any good watching these trying to shithouse their way to a victory.

6 Likes

Hopefully at least one is fit to start.

1 Like

Atletico team news by WhoScored:

• Antoine Griezmann is suspended for Atletico Madrid after his red card against Liverpool in the reverse fixture last time out in the Champions League.
  • Luis Suarez would have been frustrated at being benched against his former club last time out but will hope to start at his former home with Griezmann suspended.
  • Joao Felix scored a wonderful goal off the bench at the weekend and will also push for a start here.
  • Marcos Llorente and former Liverpool target Thomas Lemar are expected to miss out for Diego Simeone’s side through injury.
  • Mario Hermoso and Felipe are in competition to complete Atletico’s back three on Wednesday night, with Stefan Savic and Jose Gimenez now back from injury.
  • With Atletico well-stocked at centre-back again, Geoffrey Kondogbia should move back into central midfield if fit to play. Rodrigo de Paul is a more attacking option, however.
2 Likes

After what we saw on Saturday that’s a godsend of a photo

3 Likes

This, I don’t expect us to throw the other two games if we got through but lessons need learning especially with the potential AFCON.

No one should go into those games playing their third game in that period. Especially no one with injuries.

2 Likes

We fucking owe these cunts big time.

Crush them

5 Likes

lemar really fucked us, so glad he is missing… hope he gets better soon

Fuck me, draw with Brighton and suddenly everyone acts like we are shite.

Crazy how reactionary our fanbase is.

21 Likes

It gets very tiring doesn’t it.

I very quickly remembered on Saturday why I tend to avoid the pre-match thread during the game - people are too reactionary. Even the post-match threads - everyone decides everything is shit, that they would have done “X, Y or Z” instead of Klopp - hindsightism.

There is also always a large portion that decide the opposition clubs deserve zero credit for anything that’s happened

9 Likes

So you didn’t watch the game then? You know what’s worse than warranted knee jerking? Hyperbole red tinted super fans.

1 Like

Calling people “hyperbole red tinted superfans” for not having a meltdown after one draw is…hyperbole.

10 Likes

How was it a warranted reaction? Naby got injured, we ran out of box-to-box/defensively minded midfielders and got caught out on the counter. It’s just a draw, we’re still second. We still haven’t lost a match. Just because one mildly shitty thing happened the entire season doesn’t go down the toilet. Think about last season and how bad it got in the middle. We still finished third.

What’s been happening at Man Utd, Leeds, Norwich - that warrants a kneejerk reaction.

3 Likes

Ironic isn’t it… Actually didn’t see many meltdowns, more questioning our inability to control a game after going 2-0 up.

I don’t remember reading any posts saying we are shite or knee jerk reactions. I saw a lot of praise for the way Brighton played, especially after going 2-0 down and very nearly being overrun in the first 20 minutes. Yes, things started to go wrong after Naby went off and I think people are entitled to vent their frustration with his continuous injuries affecting the performance of the team. There’s also nothing wrong with identifying areas were we could’ve improved on Saturday, we all wanted Liverpool to win the game after all.

1 Like

There are several posts in this very thread saying we will be lucky to avoid defeat.

4 Likes

We do need to tighten up at the back. We conceded 5 in 3 CL games. That needs to stop ideally.
Hopefully Matip can start this one.

AM caused problems with direct balls while running from behind the halfway line to keep onside. If Matip plays, we’ll have to drop a few yards slightly deeper (relatively speaking, as we are a high line team), If Konate continues, it would be for the pace to recover.

Key players out for both sides, Suarez no doubt starting, so should be an eventful game. I’d go for Matip over Konate for the experience.

The anfield crowd need to make the ref be aware right from the start about any antifootball things. AM player goes down easy? Make some noise so that the ref is not influenced by them.

Shame AM got a win against Milan a few weeks back. They got lucky there. We need to avoid defeat.

Yes I’m one of the himmelhoch jauchzend, zu tode betrübt kind of guys.

Do you have a problem with it?

1 Like